Apply for Withholding Tax in Nigeria By Yourself
- For an application in person for Withholding Tax in the person, the applicant has to go to any tax office of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
- Contact details and address from the FIRS offices located in different places within the Republic are available on the following webpage: Link
- Visit the office and pick up an application form for applying for Withholding Tax in accordance to your needs from the appropriate department.
- Check to see if you have all the required documents on the “Required documents” section on this page.
- Then, fill out the application form by filling in all pertinent information in the relevant sections. Sign it after you have completed it.
- After filling out your application, add the necessary documents to it , and send it in.
- Make the necessary payment according to the directions of the official and then submit the application form in person to the appropriate office of the authority.
- Following submission of the request, your application along with the other supporting documents are sent to the examiner and verification process.
- Once the verification and verification procedures are completed, your application will be deemed approved and officials will complete the necessary steps to activate your tax credit.
Documents Required For Apply for Withholding Tax
- Application form completed
- Documentation that can be used to prove Identity
- Proof of residency that is valid
- Taxpayer Registration Document
- Documented financial statements
- Any supporting document (as instructed)
Office Locations and Contacts
head officeFederal Internal Revenue Service,
Patrick Yakowa St,
Contact number: +234 907 7777
Web site: Link
Contact Link: Link
Office locator: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any tax-registered entity that has an active Income tax product is eligible to apply.
- The entity could be an individual or an registered company.
Contact the official for fee details.
- Name of the applicant
- Other details that are required of the applicant
- Identification card number
- Physical address and postal address
- Email address and website address
- Tax Identification Number
Documentation is needed
- Any taxpayer who is registered in Nigeria, or in the Republic of Nigeria, is susceptible to deduction of an amount of earnings as Withholding tax which is to be paid by the employer of the individual.