Apply License or Permit for Salling or Unmooring Operations in Nigeria By Yourself
- To apply for a permit or license to Sailing or Unmooring Operation on the spot, applicants should visit the office of the Managing Director for the Nigerian Ports Authority.
- Contact information and address are listed below the contact hyperlink.
- Visit the office to obtain the application form to obtain a License or Permit to Sailing or Unmooring Operation from the appropriate department.
- Check to see if you have all the necessary documents included under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Fill out the application as needed with the required information and then sign it with your signature.
- After that, you must attach the documents needed to the form. Submit this form to the Port Administrator for verification and processing of your application.
- Be sure to pay the necessary fees for the process of applying in the office, as directed by the official.
- If the application is approved and payment after payment and application, the Commercial department will process an application for the Ship Sailing Clearance Certificate.
- Then, the Provisional Bill will be checked for compliance by the department of Accounts. Accounts department.
- Then the traffic manager checks the operation’s tonnage and cleanliness. After confirmation the Port Manager signs off the Harbour Master’s Certificate for Sailing.
- The Harbour master instructs the Pilot to steer the vessel, and the Pilot is then able to direct the mooring crew and tug assistance to sail out the vessel.
Documents Required For Apply License or Permit
- Completed application form
- Provisional bill
- Receipt for payment
- The Master’s Declaration
- Pilotage Chit
- Clearance from NIMASA
- The Navy has cleared Tankers for its clearance
Office Locations and Contacts
Corporate Head Office,Nigerian Ports Authority,
26/28 Marina, Lagos.
P.M.B 12588 Lagos
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel: +234 01463 7496, +234 01463 7497, +234 01463 7498
What are all the Eligibility
Anyone with a ship in Nigeria that wants to have his/her vessel to sail or unmoor in Nigeria’s Ports Authority Nigerian Ports Authority, can apply.
It is processed in the next day.
- It is crucial that the completed form include all the required information in a timely manner and be completed in a clear and concise manner, so that it can be approved at the Authority.
- Be sure to attach all documents required according to the requirements of the authority in order to avoid rejections.
The Information You Need
- Name of the business
- Country of origin
- The name of the ship
- Name of the registry port
- Number and number of the official number. number
- International Maritime Organization number and class
- Full Address of the business premises
- The number of Shareholders and the nationality of the Shareholders.
The Document is required
Anyone Nigerian ship owner who’s vessel must be sailed out or unmoored through the Nigerian Ports Authority, requires an authorization or license.