How to Apply Passport for Minor In United States

Apply Passport for Minor In United States By Online

  • Complete Form DS-11 to apply for the U.S. Passport online or in person. Make sure you
    • You are not required to sign the application unless instructed to sign by an Acceptance Agent.
    • It is required to supply your SSN according to 26 U.S.C. 6039E. In the event that you do not provide the information requested on the form, such as Social Security number could cause significant delays in processing and/or refusal the application.
  • Submit Form DS-11 to apply for the U.S. Passport in Person at an Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency.
  • Submit evidence of minors’ U.S. Citizenship, evidence of connection to parents or guardians. identification of guardianship or parents and a photocopy of each parent/guardian ID Document that must be presented.
  • Pay the appropriate fee
  • Please provide one Passport Photo
    • To avoid delays in processing To avoid delays in processing, ensure that your photograph is in compliance with all requirements and is submitted in a timely manner with your application.

If you are submitting Form DS-11 at a location in person, your photograph should not be included on the form.

Required Documents For Apply Passport for Minor

  • Evidence of minors’ citizenship with a valid U.S. birth certificate, Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship or a Consular Certificate of Birth Abroad or a Certificate of Birth.
  • Evidence of parent/guardian relationship with minors.
  • Identity proof for parents or guardians through an authentic driver’s license and a pristine U.S. passport, Naturalization Certificate Current government ID Current military ID or an undamaged U.S. passport. (If you don’t possess one of these documents, you can use another method.)


  • Passport (only) cost for 80 dollars (younger that 16) plus an execution fee of $25.

Processing Time

The wait time for receiving your passport is contingent on the season. However, you can always consult the application processing time page ( for updated information, or check your application status online



  • Minors who are under the age of 16 are required to apply in the person of the applicant.
  • All minors , regardless of age including infants and newborns need to carry a passports when traveling internationally via plane

Special Requirements for children

  • To make an application for a child who is less than 16 the parents and the child’s legally guardian(s) must be present and provide the following documents.
    • The evidence of children’s US citizenship
    • The evidence of the child’s relationship with parents/guardian(s) and
    • Parents/Guardian(s) Identification
  • If only one parent is present then you have to provide one of the below
    • A notarized, signed statement from the Second Parent (DS-3053) or notarized written statement (including the child’s Full Name and birth date) accepting the passport issue of the child or
    • Certificate of death from the second parent, If the second parent has died or
    • Primary evidence of the sole authority to apply or
    • A written statement , or DS-3053 (made under the penalty of perjury) outlining the details of the second parent’s absence

Send in an U.S. passport application for an adult in person: Read and follow Steps 1 through 9 before going off this webpage.

Step 1.

  • Fill in Form DS-11 to apply for an U.S. Passport online or in person. Note that you must:
    • You are not required to sign the application unless instructed to sign from the agent who will accept your application
    • You must supply your SSN according to 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Inability to provide the required information on the application, including Social Security number could result in substantial processing delays or the rejection the application.

Step 2.

  • The minor as well as each parent (or guardians) must be present to complete Form DS-11 personally to any Acceptance Facility (or Passport Agency

Step 3.

  • The minor’s proof of U.S. citizenship must be provided on the form DS-11. Any documentation that is submitted as proof of citizenship is returned to the applicant. These documents will be provided together with the newly issued U.S. passport or in an additional mailer.

Step 4:

  • Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant.
  • Any foreign document submitted as part of an application for a passport must be supported with the English translator (formal and informal).


  • Prior U.S. passports are not accepted as proof of the relationship
  • Documentation of a change in legal name is required in the event that the name of a parent/guardian’s child was changed after the initial document was issued (e.g. photocopy of marriage certificate, etc.)

Step 5:

  • When applying for a minor under age 16, both parent(s)/guardian(s) must present acceptable identification at the time of application.


  • In the event that none of them are in stock Please refer to Secondary Identification.
  • If you make an application for an acceptance Facility and provide an out-of-state primary identification, you are required to show an additional ID too. If, for instance, you are applying to Maryland using an Virginia Driver’s License, you need to present a second ID that contains as as much of the following information as is possible: your photograph complete name, day of birth as well as the date of issuance for your document.

Step 6:

  • A photocopy of every identity document required to be provided by an adult or parent must be provided along with the minor’s passport application (excluding credit cards that are presented as second-party identification). If you’re trying to apply for several minors at a time, you should include a photocopy of every ID document for the parent or guardian that is submitted in each minor’s passport application.
    • Photocopy must be made on plain white 8 1/2 11″ regular paper stock. It must show the front and back of your ID
    • The photocopy should contain images on just one side of each page that is submitted.
    • If duplicates cannot be created within the space of a page, you are able to provide two separate pages, one of them displaying the ID’s front and the other one showing the reverse of ID.
    • The paper should not be cluttered of markings or other images.
    • The 8 1/2 11″ paper size is not able to be replaced with a bigger or smaller paper size regardless of whether the paper is folded down to the 8 1/2 11″ size.
    • You can increase the size of the image of your ID that appears on the 8 1/2 11″ page however, you cannot reduce the size of your image.
  • Other scenarios which require photocopies of identification, though are not as than the others, are:
    • If you’re applying for Second Identification at the time of application, you will need to provide an image of the back and front of each document that you are presenting in your application. The photocopy of the credit card is not requested if it’s to be presented along with Secondary Identification.
    • If you are applying for a primary identity, you are required to submit an image of your primary ID document along with the second ID document to be submitted along with your application. The two sides of all documents pertaining to identification must be photocopied in accordance with the photocopy requirements previously mentioned. If the credit card you are using as a second ID, it is not necessary to have a photocopy demanded.
    • A person working for a disabled applicant who has witnessed the signature or sign on behalf of the disabled person must show a photocopy their ID
    • An individual who is acting for an identification witness has to provide a photocopy of his or ID

Step 7:

  • Parents must sign a consent form to issue a passport for anyone who is younger than 16 years old. Take a look at the below scenarios and follow the procedure which best fits your situation:

Both parents must:

  • Meet in person with the minor
  • Fill out Form DS-11 in the presence by an acceptance agent

One Parent MUST

  • Present yourself in person to the minor
  • Complete the DS-11 form in the presence the Acceptance Agent
  • Send the second parent’s notarized Declaration of Consent (Form DS-3053)

A Parent (with the sole custody legally) must:

  • Present yourself in person to the minor
  • Complete the DS-11 form in the presence by an acceptance agent
  • Provide the primary proof of the sole power to make an application for the child any of these:
  • Minor’s authenticated U.S. or foreign birth certificate that lists only the requesting parent.
  • The Consular Birth Report (Form F-240) or Certificate for Birth in Abroad (Form DS-1350) with only the applicant’s parent
  • Court order that grants exclusive custody of the applicant parent (unless child’s rights to travel are restricted in the court order)
  • Adoption decree (if parents applying are the sole adopting parents)
  • Court order expressly allowing parents or guardianship to journey with their child.
  • Judiciary declaration of incompetence of the parent who is not applying for
  • Death certificate of parent who did not apply

Note If no of the preceding information exists, the requesting parent must fill out Form DS-3053 detailing the reason why the consent of the parent/guardian who is not applying is not obtainable.

The Third Party (in Loco Parentis acting on behalf of an underage minor who is who is under the age of 16) must:

  • Make sure you submit a notarized statement or affidavit of parents or guardians authorizing the application of a third-party for an identity card.
  • If the statement of an affidavit comes from just one parent/guardian, the other party must prove the sole custody of the parent or guardian that authorized the statement.

Step 6:

  • Pay the fee in accordance with the law.

Step 7:

  • Take a passport picture
  • To ensure that your application is processed on time Make sure that your photo conforms to all the specifications and is submitted in a timely manner with your application.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Date and place of birth
  • Sex
  • Race
  • Hair, Height and Eye color
  • Occupation
  • Country
  • Marital Status
  • Social Security Number
  • Address for mail
  • Residence address

Parental Information

  • The Full Name as well as the Last Name (at the time of parents birth)
  • Date of Birth

The Document is required

The US Passport is an official travel document required for entry and exit into the majority of foreign countries.



Leave a Comment