How to Apply Temporary Movement Permits(TMP) In Uganda

Apply Temporary Movement Permits(TMP) In Uganda By Online

Temporary Movement Permits (TMP) are accepted travel documents that are intended to facilitate cross-border mobility of communities bordering the border.

HOW to apply

  1. Temporary permission to move (TMP) is available at all points that allow Entry and Exit in Uganda. Border management
  2. When you arrive at any of these locations sites, you’ll be required to submit an application for TMP to allow you for travel inside the boundaries of the country.
  3. Pay the application fee and then submit the required documents to the official of the board who will review and process them.
  4. The officer will issue a receipt with a date stamp that serves for the TMP pass.

Required Documents For Apply Temporary Movement Permits(TMP)

  • A letter from the Local Council Local Council 1
  • Two passport-sized photos made against white background
  • A copy of valid identification documents
  • Make a payment of Uganda Shillings of UGX 10,000

Office Locations and Contacts

MINISTRY OF ImmigrationHead Office
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191
Kampala Uganda Uganda
Contact phone number: +256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Site: Directorate of immigration
Request for an email: contact -us

Arua Office

  • Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua

Gulu Office

  • Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality

Mbale Office

  • RDC Building for Administration: Masaba Road

Masindi Passport Center

  • Masindi Town

Hoima Passport Center

  • Kampaya House: The Old Fort-Portal Route, Hoima town

Mbarara Regional Office

  • Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road

Masaka Regional Office

  • Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality

Jinja Regional Office

  • Administration block: Busoga Square

Mubende Regional Office

  • RDC building

Fortportal Regional Office

  • Administration Block: Boma Road

Lira Regional Office

  • District Chambers Building Dr. Obote Avenue

Mityana Regional Office

  • RDC building

Kampala Central Passport Office

  • American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)


  • Every person who is a resident of Uganda and who requires to travel within the borders of East Africa


  • Fee for application of $10,000/ (Uganda shillings)


  • One month

Processing Time

  • It is granted right away after the check that all documents in good order.


  • Temporary Movement Permits can be obtained from all points for Entry or Exit from Uganda.

The Information You Need

  • The full names of the applicants
  • Residence address
  • Nationality
  • Gender
  • Birth date
  • Number of ID/Passport

The Document is required

  • Let East African citizens to travel without restriction within the East Africa borders without the requirement of a passport or visa.

External Links

Passport and many others
Border Management



Leave a Comment