How To Apply to Change the Name on Your Driver License In Guadeloupe
- Request the procedure at one of these office:
- at the sub-prefecture or the prefecture in which you reside (note that some sub-prefectures might not be equipped to handle this kind of application)
- in Paris in Paris, in Paris, the Driving License Unit of the Police Headquarters.
- Applications can be submitted in person, by contacting the counter or through mail (sending an official mail is not required). Note: Applications submitted via proxy are not accepted anymore. When the driving license the holder is minor (category AM) then it’s the minor’s parents or guardian that should be responsible for completing the application, including the section of it that’s reserved on the form cerfa 14882* 01.
- Once you have applied the name change you made will be registered in the national system for driver’s licenses, however you won’t be issued the new license even if you already have an older pink license.
Documents that are required Change the Name on Your Driver License
- Forms cerfa No. 1482* 01 as well as cerfa Number. 14948 * 01, filled in and signed
- Photocopy of the driving licence Original licenses must be shown at the counter
- A photocopy of the identification (national ID card, passport, etc. ) The original ID must be shown at the counter
- Photocopy of the proof that a name has changed: book of family marriage certificate, divorce decree , etc.
- Foreigners must show proof of residency to France (clear photocopy both on both sides) A valid residency permit, or residence card. the original of which must be shown at the counter.
- Forms cerfa No. 1482* 01 as well as cerfa Number. 14948 *01, completed and signed
- Photocopy of driving license
- Photographic copy of identification (national ID card, passport, etc. ),
- Photocopy of the proof for name changes: Family book wedding certificate, divorce order, etc.
- For those who are not French, a evidence of residency in France (clear photocopy of the back and front) Valid residency permit, or residence card
Make sure to attach a photo ID to the application form no. 14948 * 01.
Office Locations and Contacts
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
Contact with ANTS:
- To find out more about the status of your license, please contact us.
- Check whether your driver’s license is valid after passing the test or after you’ve submitted an application for a fresh license or a duplicate
To call 0810 901 041 (cost of local calls from an landline)
Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. as well on weekends, from 8h until 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Time of Office:
Mondays from 8:00 until 15:00
Tuesday , from 8:00 until 15:00
Wednesdays from 8:00 until 12:15
Thursdays from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday , from 8:00 until 12:01
Place de la Victoire
Phone: +33 5 90 82 68 68
Fax: +33 5 90 82 52 16
The Office hours:
Monday, 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, between 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday , from 8:00 until 11:30 am
Thursday from 8 – 3:00 p.m.
Friday , from 8:00 until 11:30 am
Application fee: Free
Documents to Utilize
The Document is required Change the Name on Your Driver License
- A driving permit is an official document that allows a person to operate a motorized vehicle such as a motorcycle truck, or car bus in a public road. The document is also used as a proof of identification and proof of the age of the driver.
- The driver’s license displays the name of the person who holds it even in the event of marriage. You are able to change your name in the national driver’s license system. Here are the steps for applying to do this.