Apply to Get Married In Bermuda By Online
- Get the Notice of Intended MarriageForm A – “Form A” by visiting the Government of Bermuda website: Website or download it through this URL: Form
- Complete the questionnaire and then attach any documentation that shows you are eligible to wed, then you can submit it to the registry general.
- NOTE: The “Notice of Intended Marriage” form, or another form that requires written permission, could be executed in the presence an employee of the Registry General, or in the presence of a staff member at Registry General, or in the presence of an Notary Public
- Make sure you pay the necessary application fee
- The Registry General will review the application, and then issue an official gazette twice. Following an interval of 15 days the Registry General issues an official marriage Licence for you as well as your spouse of choice (the licence is valid for three months following the date of the issue)
- The marriage license must be submitted to the registered marriage office prior to when the wedding ceremony takes place. If you’re being wed at the Registry General in a civil ceremony of marriage The Registrar’s Certificate will be on the Registry General until the day of your wedding
- On the day of the marriage the wedding ceremony will be held. It could be either religious or civil ceremonies conducted by registered Marriage Officers or civil ceremonies conducted through the Registry General in the Registry General Office
- Following the ceremony The Marriage Officer must send to the General Registrar General within 7 days the “Particulars of Wedding (Form F)” that contains all the information needed to record the marriage. for civil wedding ceremonies, it is required to submit the “Particulars of Wedding (Form F)” is kept by the Registry General after the wedding ceremony has taken place.
- After you have received your General Registry General receives the Particulars of Marriage, they will issuing you with a Marriage Certificate within 10 days after receiving the particulars of marriage Formula F.
Marriages are held on the ship
- Couples could also decide to conduct a civil ceremony aboard a vessel, and is registered with Bermuda Registry of Shipping.
- Following the ceremony, all details are passed on to the Registry General. Registry General and they will be added to the Register of Maritime Marriages.
Required Documents For Apply to Get Married
- Formal Notice of Intended Wedding (Form A)
- Final divorce decree (if applicable)
- Marriage License
- Documents to prove that you aren’t able to wed
Notification: Contact Registry General for more information. Registry General for other documents you’ll need to provide to be married.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Registry General:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street,
Hamilton HM 12
Registrar General : Phone: (441) 297-7762
Vital and General Registrations Telephone: (441) 297-7706
Births, Deaths and Marriage or General Registers
Administrative Officer: (441) 297-7976
Secretary: (441) 297-7707
Births and Deaths: (441) 297-7693
Marriages: (441) 297-7709
Fax: (441) 292-4568
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 am. to 5 p.m. (except the public holiday).
- Weddings: On weekdays, marriages are held by the Registry General Monday through Friday, from the hours of 10.00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. On weekends, weddings take place within the Registry General on Saturdays only, and between the hours of 10 o’clock a.m. until 12 noon.
- People who wish to marry must be over 18 years of age at the time of the ceremony.
- Individuals who want to get married after reaching sixteen, but are younger than 18 can be permitted to marry, but only with the written permission from their parent(s) or a legally named guardian(s).
- The Marriage Certificate: $353.00
- Wedding Certificates: $65.00
If you are seeking an appeal, $65.00 can be refunded for an unissued certificate. in the event that no publications have been published, $84.00 is refundable for each gazette official publication.
- Special Marriage License Application Cost: $35.00
- Special Marriage License: $715.00
- Special Wedding Certificate: $40.00
- Wedding Ceremonies at the Registry General: $260.00
If you are seeking an appeal, $65.00 is refundable on the certificate that has not been issued, and when no publication has been published, $84.00 is refundable for each gazette official publication.
Residents outside Bermuda can only pay with debit or credit card.
- The marriage licenses are valabil for three years
- Marriage certificates are valid for life unless the divorce the marriage and it is declared null and void by the courts of law.
Documents to Utilize
- 10 working days
To be married in Bermuda You must be:
- at least 16 (but the written consent of you parents is necessary if are not yet 18)
- You are free to get married (single, widowed or divorced)
- You are not related to closely with your spouse you are planning to marry
The Information You Need
- Living space
- The location of the wedding
The Document is required
- The marriage document is legally binding contract that binds two individuals legally and matrimonially
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda