How To Certificate of Residency or Status In Australia
- Make a letter that is signed and include the necessary details (as previously mentioned).
- Send your request to the Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3006
Penrith NSW 2740 or Fax to:
1300 730 298
Office Locations and Contacts
Australian Taxation Office:
- Address: Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3006
Penrith NSW 2740
- Self-help Service:
- 13 28 65 For Individuals
- 1372 26 For Business
- Customer Service
- 13 28 Individuals
- 13 28 – – Business
- 13 72 Tax Professionals who are Registered
- 13 11 42 Debt inquiries
- International Inquiries Contact us at +61 2 6216 1111.
What Are All The Eligibility
It can take up to up to 28 days for the processing of the request, provided all the information required is received.
A resident may request an official certificate of residency by submitting a signature-proof letter or fax containing the required details.
The Information You Need
- Name for the Australian resident
- address of residence that of an Australian resident
- Tax File Number (TFN) or Australian corporate number (ABN)
- where the certificate will be required
- the number of certifications required
The document is needed
An Australian Certificate of Resident is a form of identification issued to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). It is given by the ATO to Australian residents to demonstrate to international tax officials that they’re Australian resident for taxation for tax purposes.