How to Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Norway

Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Norway By Online

Rename electronic

Name changes can be done electronically through tax administration. Tax Administration.

Go to change in Tax Administration

Paper form

If you prefer to use a paper forms, you should be informed for any person who is renamed. Notification must be made at the Tax Office within the city where the who is the subject of the message lives. There is a step-by-step guide on the form for messages. For more details on changing the name of the message, check out the the links at the bottom of this page.

If you’re a Norwegian citizen who lives abroad and would like to alter your identity, you have to fill out an application for change of name ( Melding om endring av Navin) and mail this form to Norwegian Tax Administration, who is responsible for the National Registry. Name change notifications should be sent via post at the following address:

Skatt nord Hammerfest
913 Hammerfest

Note that any documents that are photocopied must be endorsed by an official from a Norwegian authorities (Embassy or Consulate).

Required Documents For Change Your Name (Deed Poll)

  • Certificate of criminal record
  • Demand addressed by the Minister for Justice
  • Applications addressed to the Registrar
  • ID Card (original and photocopie)

Office Locations and Contacts

Call to the National Registry

Search by town to find the nearest Tax Office or Tax Collection Office.


You can alter the name of your first or middle name, as well as the last name. It is important to note that middle names are not an initial name. Names that are taken as a surname can also be considered an alternative middle name.

You can change your personal name as well as the name of the children you are responsible for parental charge of, if they are not yet 18 years old.

Documents to Utilize

Reporting form for change

Processing Time

It takes approximately three weeks to complete an application to change a name. After we have approved the application of yours, we will send a letter acknowledging the name change will be delivered to the address you have registered. In the event that your request is not approved and you are notified of the rejection via email if have decided to communicate with Tax Administration Tax Administration exclusively electronically. If you did not choose this option, the notice will be delivered to the address you have registered.


If you would like for a name change, contact your tax department in your area so that your new name can be correctly registered within the Norwegian National Registry (Folkeregisteret). If your name has been changed, you are responsible to verify that the change in name was registered in the National Registry.

If you’re under 18 years old The person or persons who are responsible for the care of you must agree to the change in name. When the change in name is affecting children over 12 years old of age, that child must also provide the consent of the child.

Fill out the form that says “Melding om endring a Melding of Endringing to be notified of Navin” (Notification that a name change has occurred) and mail it to the Tax office in your area.

The Information You Need

  • Your name appears on your birth certificate, documents pertaining to citizenship or immigration.
  • The full name that you are trying to change (if you’re making a change to your identity).
  • Place and date of birth
  • Marital status and information
  • Residences for the at least three months
  • Address for correspondence

The Document is required

You can change your initial name, middle name, and surname. Be aware it is important to note that the middle name isn’t the first name. Names that can be used as a surname can be interpreted as the middle name.

Information that could be helpful

You can alter your personal name, and the names of your children whom you have parental responsibility in the event that they are under 18 years old.

The body that appeals includes the local governor of the county where you reside. But, you still need to make the appeal through tax office. Tax office.

Other uses for the document/certificate

You may wish you to alter your name due to:

  • You’ve just been married
  • You’ve been divorced
  • If you just want to make a change
  • If adoption is the case,

External Links

Change of name (Endre navn)

National Registry


If you’re over 18 you’ll typically not be allowed to take the liberty of changing or deleting your first name or surname more than every 10 years. There arehowever exceptions. If you’ve removed, altered or changed an identity, you can keep doing the following in the next 10 years:

  • Choose the surname of a spouse or a cohabiting partner you’ve been living with for at least two years, or with whom has children with.
  • Use a surname you’ve previously had
  • Choose the surname of a stepparent, foster parent, or adoptive parent.
  • Change your first name to the name you used before you changed it.
  • Change, take or eliminate the surname or first name in the event of special circumstances.



Leave a Comment