How To Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License In Cameroon
- Send your application stamped with any other necessary documents with your application to your Driving License Department of the Ministry of Transport.
- Show your driver’s licence from abroad as well as your residence card.
- Make sure you pay all fees applicable.
Documents that are required Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License
- Foreign licenses to be exchanged or converted
- Stamped application
- Candidates will be required to prove authenticity of the driver’s license
- Certificate of license issued by the authorities of the country that issued it This document can be obtained at the Embassy or Consulate.
- Medical certificate
- Fees are: 6000 Fees: f
- National Identity Card for Cameroonians
- A photocopy of the residency card of foreign nationals
- 4×4 Photos
Office Locations and Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
Minimum age requirements:
- Category A Age: 16 years old
- Category B, E , and G Age: 18 years old
Category C D C, F and permits for special occasions for 21-year-olds
- For classes A, Band and C for 10 years
- For classes A B and C licenses, or D and the license owner is 55 years old or more or holders of class A, B and or C licenses aged between 55-60 five years old.
For classes C, D and and E holders older than 60 years old One year
Need to have the Document
- A driving permit is an official document that states that an individual is able to operate any motorized vehicle for example, a motorbike or truck, car or bus, on public roads. The document is also used as proof of identity and evidence of the age of the driver.
- Holders of a driver’s license issued by a country which is a signatory of the Viennes Convention of 19 November 1968, who would like to apply for a Cameroonian Driver’s License may submit their request to the Ministry of Transport.
Information that could be helpful
Category of Driving License:
- A1 to drive a motorbike that has a cylinder capacity of not more than 125cm3, including and without sidecars, tricycles, and quadricycle.
- A. is valid to drive on a motorcycle that has the capacity of 125m3 or more.
- B is a Basic license. It’s applicable to driving passenger vehicles with more than 9 seats including the driver as well as the transport of vehicles carrying goods that have the maximum weight allowed not exceeding 3500kg, and vehicles in this category, the trailer weight cannot exceed 750Kg.
- C to drive vehicles that transport items, the maximum permissible load weight of 3500kg or more. The trailer cannot exceed the weight limit of 750kg.
- D to drive vehicles that are designed for passenger transport, having at least eight seating (not including the driver’s) and other vehicles in this type, which includes trailers with a weight that does not exceed 750kg. Children under the age of 10 are eligible for half-up if their count is not more than 10.
- E is valid on vehicles in category B, C, or D, hitched to a trailer with the maximum allowed weight of laden that is greater than the weight of 750kg.
- F for vehicles that are permitted in the A1, A , and B categories, specifically designed or modified to allow for disabled persons. The permit is divided into FA1, FA1, FB.
G suitable for cars equipped with the following engines: tractors machines of public works or industrial machines.