Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License In Indonesia By Yourself
- Driver license-related information is dealt with by the police department of Indonesia. You should select the correct SIM center in the vicinity in which you reside to have your driver’s license from another country transferred or exchanged. Information on SIM centers is available under the section “Office Contacts and Locations” on this page.
- Find the right office, to verify your documents and take photos.
- You will be required to pay for the fees you owe as well as be issued with your driver’s license.
Required Documents For Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License
- A copy of your Passport
- Original Passport
- Bank Slip
- The original valid KITAS (Temporary Residence Permit) card
- Current Indonesian driver’s license Foreign driver’s license or an international driver’s license
- Copies of your Indonesian visa
- Your expired SIM (if you’re exchanging)
- Health certificate from a doctor
- Photocopie of the KITAS card
- Copy of the current license for your driver (from your country of residence)
Following documents can be requested.
- Letter of sponsorship from your sponsor or company (with stamp)
- A copy from the Blue Book / POA
- Copy of your STM the STM (Surat Tanda Melapor) is an official certificate issued by the police that shows where a foreigner either tourist or resident, is located and for the time period of their residence.
- Copy of your SKLD the SkLD (Surat Keterangan Lapor Diri) can be used by all KITAS and KITAP visa holders. It’s a notification to the police regarding your arrival. It is required within 30 days of your arrival.
- A copy of the SKTT An SKTT (Surat Keterangan Tinggal) is a document that identifies your residence. it is required to obtain by contacting your Sub-district Office (Kantor Kelurahan) within your region. The certificate is required to apply for the SKLD above in the department of police.
- Personal letter that outlines your weight, height and body measurements, along with your the names of your father and mother (no stamps required).
Office Locations and Contacts
The lower part of the page next link is a choice Choose the area you wish to apply for SIM services which will show the nearest office to which you can apply as all police offices do not take all applications, ensure you select the appropriate police department to contact : Police Office Locations
You can also dial the following number , which is a call centre for police to get information about Indonesia: 110.
The minimum age to get for the motorcycle licence (SIM C) and the car license (SIM A) is 17 years old.
SIM Anew issue IDR 120.000 Renewal IDR 80.000 SIM C:new issue IDR 100.000 renewal IDR 75.000
SIM Internationalnew release: IDR 250.000 Renewal IDR 225.000
The following link gives information on fees at the bottom of the page: Fees Information
For foreigners, a driver’s license is valid only for the duration that you have an Indonesian visa.
- If you are in the one-year category of KITAS (or Work Visa) which is a Work Visa, you will receive one-year licenses for either an automobile (SIM A) or motorbike (SIM C). If you’re on a 30 day tourist visa, you can only obtain a driver’s license good for 30 days.
- In addition, tourists are able to obtain an Indonesian motorbike license , not an automobile license. If you’re here for only a few days or for a brief period of time, it could be simpler to obtain an International drivers license prior to travelling.
The following link provides you with details about International Driver License acceptance in different countries: International Driver Permit Recognition
Need to have the Document
This article will provide you with information about how you can convert or change a foreign driver’s license to an Indonesian driver’s license.