How To Obtain a Death Certificate In Algeria
The applicant of the death certificate has the right to choose between his presence itself in the service of civil status of the commune, the place of death or sending a written application by mail:
- The first case: He must identify specifying the degree of kinship with the deceased, and provide all information to facilitate research.
- The second case: He must send a request in a stamped envelope and reads the address of the applicant; includes the name, surname, date and place of death of the deceased and filiation.
The state registrar shall not issue a death certificate only on production of a certificate by the police officer that was in charge to ensure death. (Police report)
The presentation of the booklet family and, where appropriate, a birth certificate of the deceased.
Required Documents Death Certificate
- The booklet family
- Police report
- Stamped envelope
Office Locations & Contacts
01 Rue Dr Saadane Algiers
Tel: +213 220.127.116.11
What Are All The Eligibility
- Declarations of death must be made within twenty-four (24) hours after the death.
- Declaration of death is done by one of the following:
- Relative of the deceased
- Person with his marital status the most accurate and as comprehensive as possible.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
It has no validity period
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The family members or relatives of the person who died should immediately contact the appropriate authorities to announce the death by providing all useful information for the identification of the deceased (copy of passport, consular registration card, national identity card…) and specifying the cause and place of death.
- Police report
- The presentation of the booklet family and, where appropriate, a birth certificate of the deceased.
- The degree of kinship with the deceased
- The name, surname, date and place of death of the deceased
Need for the Document
The death certificate is drawn up by the registrar of civil status of the town.
Information which might help
When death has not been declared within the statutory period, the officer of civil status may relate to its records by virtue of an order made by the presiding judge of the district where the child was born, and brief mention is made in the margin at the time of birth.
Failure to comply with this deadline for persons entails the application of penalties laid down in Article 441 paragraph 02 of the Criminal Code.
The same statement is received late death and the act of drawing up whatever is the time elapsed since the death of when it can still be checked by examination of the body.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.