How To Obtain a Marriage License In Antigua and Barbuda
- Each party must visit an Registrar, Deputy Register Assistant Registrar, Registrar, or any of the marriage officers. Bring all of the documents required that are listed below.
- Make sure you submit any documents required to the individual in charge.
- Apply on the form and then sign it at the Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs in St. Johns.
- To obtain a license that is unique you do not have to wait period in the country to get it.
- If you live in another country and require a marriage certificate You must contact the office directly. They will provide you with instructions on how to apply for. You’ll need to supply your name as the groom as well as the bride’s maiden name as well as the place of the wedding (Hotel or other) as well as the date of wedding.
Documents Required Obtain a Marriage License
Standard License as well as Special License
- Valid passport or test passport, or birth certificate
- A valid ID picture (drivers license or a state-issued ID)
- Documentation of Status:
- A single declaration is made in Antigua and Barbuda or a formal letter that states the status of a person who is recognized in the local community.
- Divorced Original Decree Absolute, which contains sealing of the judge from which the Decree is issued , or a certified copies of the Decree that includes an official seal from the judge from which the Decree was issued.
- Widow or Widower’s Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate for the husband or wife.
- Deed Poll (if the name change occurred in any instance of an applicant)
Office Locations and Contacts
Marriage Registrar,Registrar’s Division,
Queen Elizabeth Highway,
Tel: (268) 462-3744
Tel from Overseas 1 – 268-462-3929
Ministry of Justice and Legal Affairs,
Tel: (268) 562-0381/462-0017
What Are All The Eligibility
- Each party must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, a signed authorization from parents or guardianship is required.
- One of the applicants must reside in Antigua as well as Barbuda for the period of 15 days prior to the date on which the application is made for the license.
- A registration cost is EC$100.00 or USD 100.00 or US37.00. 37.00 to be paid at the Registrars Office.
- In the event that the marriage ceremony has to take place outside the Courthouse There is a fee for the marriage officer in the amount of US100.00. 100.00.
- The request for an Special License shall be accompanied by a cost that is US$15.00. 150.00.
- The copies of your Marriage Certificate are available at the cost of 25 cents.
- The parties involved must attend at the moment of submitting an application to obtain the license.
- It is crucial to ensure that all documents submitted are authentic or certified authentic by the department that issued them or offices.
- Make sure your documents have been signed filed in your name as a legal entity, and give affidavits in the event that you’re known under a different name.
- Wedding ceremonies are usually performed during the time between 6:00 AM until 8:00 pm.
- Every marriage should also be celebrated or solemnized with the help of at least two witnesses, in addition to the Marriage Official.
Documentation is needed
The marriage certificate is an official document issued by a religious institution or a state authority, allowing couples to marry. Each country has its own procedure for obtaining a marriage certificate.
Getting Married in Antigua: http://www.antiguanice.com/v2/client.php?id=611
Antigua and Barbuda Department of Tourism site: http://www.geographia.com/antigua-barbuda/agmarr01.htm