Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate In India By Yourself
- A PCC with international recognition for foreign stay/employment/immigration has to be applied through passport seva kendra office in your area.Applying procedure – India Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate Online with Images
- The user must first sign up through the passport seva website. Link for the passport Seva portal: Online link
- On the page you are on you will find”Register Now” “New User? Sign Up Now” option on the left-hand side of the screen. You will then be taken to your registration webpage.
- Fill in the form and then click the “Register” button to sign up.
- Return to the homepage. Select the “Existing Users Login” button.
- On the following page, log in using your login ID and click the “Login” option.
- After logging in, you can choose the “Apply to get a Police Clearance Certificate” option.
- You can now find two options for applying for PCC. Choose one of the options to apply to PCC. If you wish to choose the “Alternative 1” option then click on the link provided under the “Alternative 1” section. Otherwise, click on the hyperlink under the “Alternative 2” section.
- If you choose the “Alternative 1” alternative, you’ll be directed to the webpage on which you must enter”Passport Details “Passport Information”. Select the option that is appropriate and then click the “Next >>” tab.
- Please fill in the following sections: Application Details, Family Details Current Residential Address Other Information, as well as Self-Declaration. After each page, click “Next >” tab.
- After the successful submission of your application, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated on this page. Note the number. You must then pay the amount and upload your documents by choosing the appropriate option.
- The day of the appointment you must visit the passport seva Kendra as per the appointment.
- Be sure to have filled out the application form as well as all the necessary documents on hand before you submit your application.
- In the office, show the printed copy of the appointment timetable to the police. They will instruct you to bring the document to the counter to be processed.
- After receiving your application, the authorities will check the authenticity of the documents provided together with the original documents provided by the applicant. Original documents will be kept for the applicant after verification.
- If all documentation is present, the applicants is advised to pay for the fees at the counter counter according to the announcement from the authority responsible for counters.
- The counter is listed to complete your application along with the required fees. The applicant will be issued an acknowledgement receipt following the acceptance of the application and payment. Be sure to keep the receipt because it is required for the collection of your PCC.
- This application will be processed internally and will be directed to state SP office for inspection/verification of information and personal details through respective police station. The police station in the local area will carry out ground level verification and then submit the report at the SP office.
- SP office will submit an information report at the office of passports.
- If the report is satisfactory If the reports are satisfactory, the applicant will be informed by mobile phone to pick up the PCC on the date specified.
- On the date mentioned, the applicant must visit the passport seva kendra in order to take the PCC with the passport in its original form and presenting the receipt (issued at the time of applying).
PROCESS for people who live outside of INDIA
- Applicant must submit document proving the current country of residency address
- Indian citizens and foreigners who live abroad are required to submit an application in person, or via normal mail (no delivery service) to the closest Indian consulate or embassy located in the country you reside. Follow the link below to obtain the necessary information regarding the mode of communication (address/mail identification).
- Link to find the Indian consulate or embassy in other nations: online link
- The applicant might need to schedule an appointment at the office. The day of the appointment visit the office with your application along with the required documents as well as the valid ID document.
- Link to find the Indian consulates or embassy in other nations: online link
- Follow the guidelines of the officer to complete the procedure.
If you are not able to submit your application on the spot, you can allow someone else to submit your application for you on behalf of. The representative should bring a current identity card.
By Mail (Post)
- If you are applying by mail, you need to send the original of your ID document valid together with your application as well as other documents according to the address you have located and an envelope for return (clear postal address is listed on the envelope).
- Link to find the Indian consulate or embassy in other nations: online link
- After successful completion The certificate will then be handed out at the address in the envelope.
Required Documents For Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate
A.Following list of documentation is required by the Indian citizen who is applying to India
- Older PCCs that have expired if they are available
- Aadhaar card
- Certificate of marriage is required
- The evidence of financial support
Additional to the documents above Indian applicant should also make use of the following document according to the requirements of the applicant.
I. Documents needed by those who are traveling to ECR countries to work
- Original passport from the old one with self-attested photocopies of its two first and two pages. This includes the page with ECR/Non-ECR and the page of observation (if there are any).
- Documentation of the Present Address (in the event of a change in address)
- for skilled/semi-skilled and women who are not skilled.
- (I)On the employment contract directly with the employer (individuals)
- A copy of the valid visa (in case visa already obtained) together with an the official English translation in case the visa isn’t in English.Self-attested copy of employment contract with foreign employer (skilled/semi-skilled workers).Employment contract of the employer in foreign country, duly certified with The Indian mission or permission letter from the Indian post or mission (unskilled/women employees).
- (II)Through the recruitment agents
- Copies of the original employment contract as well as demand letter along with a letter of power signed by the foreign employer that has been attested by the agent who is recruiting (RA).A copy of a valid identification certificate from protectorate of emigrants in the ministry of foreign Indian affairs and the The Govt. of India.
- Note: The names of recruitment agencies that are licensed are available on the online linkswebsite which opens in a new tab.
II. Documents that must be provided by those who are emigrating to Non-ECR nations and for relatives of someone who reside in or to both ECR and non-ECR countries
Original passport from the old one with a self-attested photocopy of its initial two and final two pages. This includes the page with ECR/Non-ECR and Page of observation (if there is one).
Evidence of current address (in the event of a change in address).
Documentary evidence of application for residence status and work (copy of the employment agreement) or a long-term visa or immigration (For those wishing to move to countries outside the ECR only).
The declaration of sponsorship must be signed by the person responsible for the emigration from an PCC candidate (For relatives of the applicant who are dependent only).
B. The following documents are needed for Indian National staying abroad
- To find a list of the documents needed you should contact the Indian mission in question through their respective site as well as in person.
C. The following set of papers are needed for those who previously lived in India
- To find a list of the documents needed for the process, please contact the Indian mission on the on their website and in person.
- Applicant must produce an original document proving the validity of the stay (visa/passport) within India.
Office Locations and Contacts
PSP Division, Ministry of External Affairs
Patiala House, Tilak Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Tel. No. : 91-11-23386064
Fax No. : 91-11-23386082
Contacts link : Passport Seva Kendra Locator link
Link to locate Consulates or Embassy elsewhere in the world: locator link
- The applicant must have a valid passport and an address proof that is valid.
- Age: 15 years or over. For minors applicants, the application should be signed by the parent who has parental authority, even if the minor is not yet 16 yet.
- The location of the applicant should be the same as that on the passport along with other documents supporting it.
- The applicants must be in need of residence status, employment, or a long time visa or are seeking to move to a foreign country.
- Applications made in India:
- Rs.500 is the amount that will be collected in this process.
- Make use of the calculator to view the fee details. The Fee Link
- Application from different countries:
- Respective Indian Embassy authorities will give the details of fees
The validity of a Police Clearance Certificate [PCC] is six months or according to the time frame mentioned in the certificate.
Documents to Utilize
Passport in its original, with a self-certified photocopy of the first and second pages, which include ECR/NonECR pages (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if there is any) and signed by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if applicable for a shorter validity passports. Documents to prove your current address (if address differs from that stated on the passport). You must submit at least one of the items as listed below. The Water bill Telephone (landline or post-paid phone bills) Electricity bill Statement for one year (with transactions)or Passbook of the bank account that is in operation (Scheduled Commercial bank, excluding the Regional Rural bank and the local banks) Income Tax Assessment Order Election Commission Photo ID card Documentation of Gas Connection Certificate from the employer of reputable companies on the letterhead Copy of spouse’s passport (First as well as the last, including the details of the family), (provided the applicant’s address is the same as that on the spouse’s passport) Valid and current passport copy of the parent’s ration card in the case of minors(First and the last page)
Document Specific Instructions
- If you’re making use of Bank Passbook, make sure that the most recent passbook entry has been created. If there aren’t any recent transactions, you should put money in and make the entry that is up to date. day.
- Company-issued letters must be original documents, color xerox or digitally generated documents cannot be accepted
- Bring ID in case you’re taking the Company issued letter to be used as evidence of address.
- Applications made within India Within 15 days of the date of application (depending on the location the application was made at, the period is reduced).
- Applications from outside of the country Application made from other countries: 30 days (depending of the country the applicant is located, the duration decreases).
- You can get a Police Clearance Certificate by submitting the filled-in Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) within the area of the Passport Office (PO).
- It is essential to include self-certified photocopies of all necessary documents, along together with your Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is only issued to only one country with only one application form.
- There is no age limit to receiving this Police Clearance Certificate.
- A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) can be issued to minors when a country requires the identical.
Check out the following cases of issuing a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in different circumstances:
- Police Verification Report confirming that the validity of the passport that is currently in use and there is not an adverse entry into the system. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued the day of issue at PSK Mini PSK. The PCC is issued that same day in the event prior police verification was completed within the last six months. Otherwise, it will require another verification by the police. is required. The PCC must be obtained at the PSK.
- Police verification was not necessary at the time of issuance of the passport since the applicant was a minor . However, now that the applicant has been declared an adult. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will be issued after the process of obtaining a police verification. Once PVR has been received, Passport Office (PO) will notify the applicant via an email or letter. The applicant must visit Passport Office (PO) Passport Office (PO) with their passport in order to get Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). The country for which the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is given will appear on passport.
- Police Verification was not needed for the passport to be issued because the person applying for it was an employee of the government employee
- If the current address differs from that of the address of the permanent address (e.g. Accommodation for rental), PCC is not issued immediately, and it is subject to verification by police at the closest police station
- The Police Verification process was not able to be completed prior to the date of the issuance of the passport because of various reasons
- The present address of the applicant is different from the one listed in the passport.
- Other cases in which a passports were issued with no the verification of a police officer.
The Information You Need
- Passport Number
- Date of Issue
- Expiration Date
- Location of Issue
- Country in where PCC is required
- Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Type of employment
- Education Qualifying
- Family Information
- Residence Address
- The time of residence
The Document is required
- A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is required for any citizen who has a valid passport to prove residency, immigration status or employment, long-term visa, etc.,
- PCC is an official document to prove that the applicant is not a fugitive with no criminal convictions.
Information that can be useful
- PCC is not valid for those traveling abroad with “Tourist Visa”.
- There are a few countries that don’t need a PCC. Employers from this country might require an PCC.
PCC will also note any of the applicants were detained, as well as the reasons for the arrest and the nature of the case for where there is evidence or a record.
Passport Seva Consular, Passport & Visa Division http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/welcomeLink
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in India http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiwwSGcQj5gm2uQqBBkVvsS5HQx. ;_ylv=3?qid=20121016172156AAwOYro
- The Police Clearance Certificates required to get a visa for public to travel abroad is currently issued from The Government in Home Department. In order to make the process of obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate for getting visas, the Government has issued orders that entrust that issue Police Clearance Certificate to the visa applicants by the relevant Police Superintendents Police/ Commissioners of Police without any charge to do so.
- Therefore, the general public that are in need or require Police Clearance Certificate for getting visa to travel abroad should apply directly to the Superintendents of Policeor Commissioners of Pol