Obtain a Refugee Travel Document In Japan By Online
- Collect all the documents you’ll be required to show or provide to get an official refugee travel document.
- Apply for a job.
- Fill out the form with the other documents required.
- The application fees must be paid.
Required Documents For Obtain a Refugee Travel Document
- Two (2) photos Size: 5cm5cm. must be taken no later than six months of the date of the application procedure. It should show the applicant’s upper body , with an unveiled head, and indicating the name of the applicant and day of birth on the opposite.
- The applicant has to provide all of the documents listed below:
- A passport or a Certificate of Status (if the foreign national applying for admission is incapable of presenting a documents such as a passport or Certificate of Status in Residence), the applicant must provide a copy of the document that states the reason behind not presenting it.)
- Residence card or
- Certificate of Refugee Status
NOTE: Usually, documents and other materials that are submitted by applicants will not get returned to an applicant. If you’ve submitted Original copies of any documents or documents that are difficult to obtain and wish to return them to you, inform the immigration office at the time you submit your application.
Office Locations and Contacts
Foreign Residents Information Center Advice and information service for foreign citizens. These centers are located in Regional Immigration Bureaus as well as District Offices located in Sendai, Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, and Fukuoka.
Information on the procedures to enter and stay in the country for nationals of other countries is available over the phone or via visiting in person in a variety of languages like English, Korean, Chinese and Spanish.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A foreign national living at present in Japan and is considered an asylum seeker.
Application Fee: 5,000 yen
Documents to Utilize
NOTE: You can print this form on A4-sized document (Japanese Industrial Standard)
It takes about two weeks for the application to be processed.
- Make an application for an official refugee travel document in the Regional Immigration Office (or the Immigration Information Center) in your region.
- The application period is from 9:15 a.m. until 12:01 p.m. and between 11:30 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. on working days, (Some Regional Immigration Offices or Immigration Information Center may have specific dates and times to process applications therefore, make sure you check first prior to visiting any immigration center.)
- When the candidate is less than 16 years old , or cannot complete the application form due to medical or other reasons relatives of the applicant can complete the application on behalf.
Documentation is needed
The following steps will show you how to get an official refugee travel document for Japan.
- Japan Immigration Bureau: