How To Obtain an International Driving License In Argentina
- Collect all the documents you’ll be required to provide or submit to be considered for the application.
- Apply for a job by filling out an application.
- Complete the form with the other documents required.
- All fees must be paid.
Be aware that you have to carry with you your Argentinian driving license on your journey to another country. The driving license for international travel is just a translation of the Argentinian driving license. You must carry both at any time.
Documents Required International Driving License
- Original and photocopies (front as well as back) of valid Argentinian driver’s license
- Photocopy and original from your National Identity Document (DNI)
- Original and photocopie of your registration form (LE)
- Original and photocopies of Civic Book (LC)
- Two recent, identical photographs by the applicant (4×4)
Important: The information in your driver’s record such as address, must match what is you have on the DNI, LE or LC. If not, you will need to submit additional documents.
Office Locations and Contacts
Automobile Club Argentino
Member’s Care Centre: 0800-888-9888/ 4808-6200Office hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturdays: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Main Office in Buenos Aires
Business days: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Others Contact Numbers
What Are All The Eligibility
Possessing current Argentinian driver’s licenses.
For Members of the Automovil Club Argentino:
- Application Fee (Effective on 09/01/2013 until 09/01/2014) Cost: $112.50 112.50
- Application Fee (Effective on 10/01/2014) The fee is $ 141.00
- Photo Services Prices: 18.00
- Application Fee (Effective from 09/01/2013 until 09/01/2014) Application Fee: $ 225.00
- Application Fee (Effective as of 10/01/2014) Application Fee: $ 282.00
- Photo Services Photo Services: $ 38.00
Note The photo service is optional and only accessible at the central office.
International Driving Licenses are valid for one calendar year up to the point that your National Driver’s License expires, which ever is the lesser.
International Driving Licenses are available at branches of the Automovil Club Argentino branches/offices.
The Document is required International Driving License
A International Driving License (IDL) is a valid document in several countries, allowing holders to drive a motor vehicle in the country. To be valid, the IDL is required to be accompanied by an authentic license from the country where it was issued. It is slightly bigger than a normal passport and is basically a multi different language translation of the standard driver’s license, which comes with a photo and important information. In many countries, however the short-term visitors do not require an IDL because the driver’s license from the country of residence is recognized and allows one to drive in the host country.
- Automobile Club Argentino Website: