How To Obtain Duplicate Citizenship Card (Lost, Stolen, Damaged) In Canada
In Canada as well as the United States.
- Check out your instruction guide and download the application forms.
- Sign and complete the application forms
- Make sure you pay the fees
- Send your completed request to Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia
Outside Canada and in the United States. Contact the closest Canadian consulate, high commission, embassy or consulate.
- Learn the instruction manual and download the application forms.
- Sign, complete and date the application forms. Sign and date.
- Make sure you pay the charges.
- Send your completed application in its entirety.
Documents Required Obtain Duplicate Citizenship Card
- Application for an Citizenship Certificate (adults and minors) (including the Document Checklist) [Form CIT 0001[PDF] (PDF, 1.9 MB) October 14, 2014
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Fees Receipt
- There are two ways to get a receipt for fees:
- Pay your fee on the internet.
- Make your payments through a financial institution located in Canada.
- You’ll need an original receipt from the payment
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0001Instruction Guide [CIT 0001
Office Locations and Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
- This application is intended for Canadian citizens who reside in as well as outside Canada who would like be eligible to obtain a citizenship certificate to serve as evidence that they have Canadian citizenship. In the case of minors (under the age of 18) parents or legal guardian has to apply for their application. If you’re applying on behalf the minor’s behalf, make sure that the requirements apply to minors.
- If you can prove that you have to replace your citizenship card quickly then you may be able to get it faster than the standard process time, which is 4 to 6 months.
There is a charge for 75 dollars (tax in the amount) for citizenship certificates.
Documents to Utilize
Examples of Documents
After your request has been accepted, your application is processed, and then you’ll be informed whether the request was approved or denied. The processing times are subject to vary. The most up-to-date processing times from the web site.
- The program takes about six months for processing applications.
- Individuals can check what their status is for their apps on the internet using this Client Application Status service.
- Application Forms and Guidelines.
The Information You Need
- The number on the certificate
- Your Unique Client Identifier
- Your name is
- Your birth date
- Your gender
- The date on which you began to become a Canadian citizen
Need to have the Document
- A Canadian citizenship card (formerly citizen card) is a document that is used to citizens who are naturalized Canadian citizens to verify their legal status in Canada.
- A new application is required to be made in the event that a citizenship certificate has been destroyed, stolen or lost or destroyed, as well as the time the Canadian has undergone a name change that is legal.
Information that could be helpful
- It is a Citizenship and Immigration Canada program provides certificates as document of citizenship to naturalized Canadian citizens and also to Canadian citizens who make an application.
- In January 2012 CIC began issuing new certificates of citizenship. The existing citizenship certificate (hereafter called the wallet-sized plastic card with photograph) along with the commemorative certificate will be replaced with an 11-inch by 8 inch letter-sized certificate with information on both sides , but without signature, photo or security features.
- Every citizenship certificate, including the wallet-sized plastic card with photos, issued prior to the 1st of February, 2012 are still valid. This means that anyone Canadian that currently has the citizenship certificate doesn’t require the replacement.
- The citizenship certificate isn’t an travel document. Anyone Canadian citizen planning to travel abroad must obtain the Canadian passport.
Other uses for the document/certificate
A citizenship certificate shows that someone is an Canadian citizen. It is not an official travel document. It is necessary to obtain an Canadian passport for travel outside Canada.
If you’ve been made a Canadian citizen after relocating to Canada then you must present your original citizenship certificate at the time of your arrival.
- Renew your Canadian passport
- Renew your health insurance card
- Renewal your driver’s licence or provincial ID
- Enroll in school
- Get with a job