Obtain Licence For Truck Carrying Fish In Uganda By Online
- The transporter of fish is required to be licensed for trucks that weigh more than 10 tonnes. This license is granted from the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
Trucks that Carry Fish Licences:
- Apply for a job.
- Complete the form and submit it along with your valid ID and photo.
- Make payment for the fee of application.
- Take your Licence in 28 days of the date you received it.
Register Your Vehicle
- Visit the Directorate of Fisheries Head Office or visit any of the sub-offices for Fisheries located throughout the District to get an application form.
- Fill out the form and send it along with the other documents required.
- Every boat must be checked prior to registration. In the Directorate of Fisheries will have an authorized Fisheries personnel to look over the vessel. Vessels will be examined specifically for their safety and communications equipment, and the ability of the vessel for the rigging (that is the process of setting up to utilize nets, lines and so on.) in the manner that is to be employed for fishing.
- The following information will be scrutinized on the vessel prior to the issue of a registration number.
- Hull and superstructure
- Propulsion system (motor or oars, or pair of oars)
- Transistor radio
- First aid kit
- Safety gear for crew members of all sizes
- Waterproof flashlights
- Distress flares handheld (3 day and night flares. Not recommended for pistols.)
- Marine compass, GPS)
- Emergency supplies
- An identification number assigned from the Directorate of Fisheries will be applied to the vessel in certain areas governed by Law. The vessels are also photographed for the purpose of reference.
- The Certificate will be issued after successful inspection within 5 (5) work days, a Certificate of Registration and License will be given. Failure to pass inspections will require the date of inspection be agreed upon by the applicant. The applicant will be informed about the required modifications and repairs that need to be made to the vessel.
Required Documents For Obtain Licence For Truck Carrying Fish
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- Join as a BMU members.
- Certificate of inspection for vehicles.
- Logbook of the vehicle.
- A valid passport
- Fishing license
- Craft details
- Vehicle pass
- Car equipment details.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
- Lugard Avenue Entebbe
- P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
- Tel: +256 414 320 006
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.agriculture.go.ug
Directorate of Fisheries Department of Fisheries Resources
P.Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
Tel: +256 414 320 004 /256-414-322026
Website: http://agriculture.go.ug/directorate of fisheries resources
- All foreigners and residents of Uganda who have a fishing pass or license are eligible.
- Foreign tourist need to have the tourist visa
- Application Fees $10,000 Ugshs Non-refundable
- License Fee: 550,000 Ugshs
- Renewal Fee 500 000 Ugshs
A license issued pursuant to this law is valid for one year, and expires on the 31st day of December each year.
Documents to Utilize
The processing time is two days.
- Name of the owner
- Age and sexuality.
- The name of BMU.
- The purpose for the app.
- Company name.
- BMU recommendation.
- Photocopy and any identity document.
- Name of the Authorized Licensing Officer.
- Nationality /No./Passport No
- Mailing Address
- Telephone No.
- Business Location: Name of the Building/Place
- Information on the carrier of the fish truck
- Sort of Truck (5 and 10 tones) or, or other).
- The type of the hull
- Overall Length
- Motor Type (Fuel)
- Intended Fishing Area
- Proposed methods of fishing used
- Declaration form
- Certificate of inspection for vessels and vehicles
- Copy of the annual return
The document is needed
The purpose the document serves is regulate the distribution patterns of fish and other fish products to international, regional as well as local markets, and also to increase traceability capabilities of the authority issuing the document.
Information that could be helpful
- One must have a valid fishing licence for fishing the inland waters or transporting fish caught from the inland waters.
- The person who is fishing must keep their fishing license in his/her possession throughout the time they are taking fish out or transporting it. Additionally, they must show their license to allow inspection by any employee of the department, warden guide, landowner or employee upon the request of the landowner or warden.
- A person living in Uganda is permitted to import or export a live fish or or other animal of the water without consent by the Minister.
- Any person who is in violation of any provision in Fish Act Cap 197 Subsection (1) of the fishing Act is guilty of an offence and is subject to an imprisonment or fine for five years, or both imprisonment and fine and, further, the aquatic animal or fish is forfeited in the hands of Ugandan Government. Ugandan Government.
- In addition to the requirements under paragraph (1) in the Fishing Act the Minister has the powerto, from time to time, to export or import a specific kind of fish, or any other aquatic animal with the intention for exchange of information on fishing or research.
- The Sea Fisheries Act provide Regulations that are made under section 13 of the Fisheries Act that require all vessels that is designed for fishing has to have a registration at the Ministry of Fisheries Development and require that vessels be licensed before being transferred. The regulations also stipulate that specific specifications are outlined for fishing vessels that are engaged in shrimp fishing by trawling.