Obtain Preferred Resident Card In Benin By Online
- Candidates who are eligible should visit an Directorate of Emigration and Immigration office close to you and get their application forms.
- Send the completed form along with the supporting documents (listed in the following) to the official in charge to be verified and processed.
- Pay the application fee
- You will then be issued with a receipt/acknowledgement slip and you will be notified on when you should re-visit the office to collect the resident card.
Required Documents For Obtain Preferred Resident Card
- Certificate of residency (Head of district) and Certificate of residency (Head of village or district)
- Medical examination attestation not more than (03) three months signed by a physician from the Health Centre of the Republican Police situated at Vedoko in Cotonou
- A portion of an incriminating record from the origin country, or the country of last residence: not more than 3 (03) months
- Professional activities evidenced by studying or study in Benin or membership in an order of a denominational or professional
- Color ID photos with white backgrounds (04)
- A photocopy of the travel or passport book, in the event of a travel book the passport must have at least 6 (06) months in validity.
- Costs for assembling your file (an amount equal to the costs in effect at day of request refer to the costs)
- Card for Consular (photocopy)
- Certificate of residency (Head of district) plus Certificate of residency (Head of village or district)
- Medical examination attestation not more than (03) month, signed by a physician from the Health Centre of the Republican Police situated within Vedoko in Cotonou
- A portion of your criminal records of the nation of birth, or the country of last residence: less than 3 (03) months
- Evidence of professional activity, studying at Benin or membership in an organization of professional or denominational status
- Photos of colour ID with white backgrounds (04)
- Photocopie of the entire travel book or passport as the case may be. the passport should be at least 6 (06) months in validity.
- Costs of assembling this file (an amount that is equivalent to charges in force at when the file was requested: refer to the costs)
- Card for Consular (photocopy)
- Quitus (for communities that are subject to it)
- The repatriation fund will be made payable in cash to the Treasury (except for citizens of other countries who have signed assurance cancellation agreements with Benin
Other documents that could require the authorities
Office Locations and Contacts
Directorate of Emigration and Immigration:
Address: 1278, avenue Jean-Paul II Quartier Zongo Nima
PO Box 03 BP 3380 COTONOU
Phone: (+229) 21 31 56 44
Fax: (+229) 21 31 36 10
Foreigners who meet the following requirements.
- Are continuously residing for more than 10 (10) years
- Being admitted to Benin when he was less than 35 (35) years old
- They have made substantial investments in the country.
- are morally upright
- Being married to a woman from Benin
- It is not a minor (under 18 years old)
ECOWAS CFA 100,000 CFA 100,000
Outside ECOWAS – CFA 800,000
- Validity for a period of 10 years
The Information You Need
- The details of the applicant
- The duration of your stay in Benin
- Information on the passport
- Professional details
- Education details
- Contact detail
- Physical address is in Benin
- Employer details (if applicable)
- Financial details (Bank statement)
- Medical report
- Spouses details
Documentation is needed
- Anyone from outside the country whose stays at Benin is more than the period of three (03) months must obtain a residence permit, excluding minors who are under 18 (18) to 18 years (except in certain circumstances) diplomats, diplomats and other such..