How to Obtain Ration Card (Smart Ration Card) Surrender Certificate In India

Obtain Ration Card (Smart Ration Card) Surrender Certificate In India By Yourself

In order for the applicant to get a surrender certificate, they must change their ration card, or smart card for rations. The surrender certificate is needed to apply for a new the ration card for certain events such as relocation, marriage or transfer, etc.

  • The applicant should apply at the closest Ration Card office under the specific Block/Ward/ULB for their particular area.
  • Go to the appropriate office.
  • Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
  • Complete the cancellation applicationand original ration card and all required documents to the relevant authority.
  • Authorities will perform necessary diligence with the application and supporting documents. They will confirm the information the authenticity of the documents with their files.
  • Follow the guidelines of the authorities to continue processing.
  • If the consumer is satisfied, he receives an cancellation certificate within the same day, or at the time of notification.


  • In some states , applicants can seek out services available over the counter such as CSC centers/e-seva, etc. to apply.
  • In certain states, applicants must apply via the department’s online portal.
  • Find contact information and application forms from the appropriate state portals by clicking the links provided for each of the states below.

Required Documents For Obtain Ration Card

  • Application form.
  • Original card for rations
  • Residence Documentation (Example Residence Proof (Examples: Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Aadhaar Card, Passport),
  • Aadhaar Card
  • Passport Size Photographs


  • Original and copy of originals with self-attestation, as directed by the respective authorities to be filed according to the requirement.
  • In addition to the documents above, authorities could request additional documents or information. They will require these documents for processing.

Office Locations and Contacts

Department of Food and Public DistributionMinistry of Consumer Affairs the Department of Food and Public Distribution
Department of Food & PD,
KrishiBhawan, New Delhi – 110001.
Office Contact Links: link

Department of AR & PG,
Sardar Patel Bhawan
Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110 001.
Phone: (011) 23360208
Fax: 011-23360352
Link for Contacts: Link for details


  • An active ration card owner.


  • Information on fees can be obtained directly from the office of the applicant in the process of applying.


  • The ration card you have cancelled or handed in is not valid anymore.
  • Usually, the Family ID cards are valid for life and is renewed every 5 years or upon the announcement.

The Information You Need

The following are the necessary information to be able to apply.

  • Applicant details.
  • Address details.
  • Signature/thumb impression.

The Document is required

  • In order to implement the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is now given to all family heads, with information about the family members on the card. Based on their financial situation individuals can purchase goods such as food grains, sugar and kerosene by means of their card for rations.
  • It is necessary to obtain a passport PAN card, residence certificate, or even to have your name added to electoral rolls in order to obtain an ID card for voters. Thus, it is necessary to request a duplicate copy of the card and then get the exact.
  • If a customer has to present or cancel their account for a new ones at the point the card was transferred to.

Information that could be helpful

  • The groups that are eligible in the society are supplied with foodstuffs and commodities at a very low cost.
  • In each state, the Ration card can be classified in accordance with the classifications set by the government.



Leave a Comment