How To Obtain Tax Identification Number (EIN) In China
- The applicant should get in touch with a local tax agency with the necessary documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- The applicant has to complete the form at the Income Tax Department Office accurately and then hand over the completed form along with necessary documents.
- China changed the procedure for getting the taxpayer Identification Number also known as taxpayer Identification Number. In the new TIN system, TIN of an individual is dependent on their identification. If a person is using a Chinese Identification Card as their identification TIN is the ID number. For those who use a the passport or another ID document as the proof of identification TIN is assigned by the local tax offices in accordance with the relevant regulations. In certain regions passport numbers can also be considered TINs for foreign individuals.
- The TIN of an organization will be an entity’s Uniform Social Credit Code that is located on the business Licence. If there is no Uniform Social Credit Code is provided to the entity its TIN (18 number) is determined by the local tax offices according to applicable regulations.
Documents that are required Obtain Tax Identification Number (EIN)
- A commercial or industrial business license, or another similar permits for business operation
- Contracts, articles of association, and other agreements
- Passport, identification card, or another valid ID card.
- Other certifications and other materials requested by tax authorities of an autonomous region, province or municipalities in direct connection with the State Council.
Office Locations and Contacts
State Administration of Taxation
Address: No. 5, West Road, Yangfangdian, Haidian District, Beijing
Zip code: 100038
What Are All The Eligibility
Tax Identification Numbers are given for tax purposes to:
- Companies and businesses
It does not have a validity time.
- Entities: Typically, the an entity’s TIN can be found in that of the Uniform Social Credit Code, which is listed on the Business Licence. If there is no Uniform Social Credit Code is acquired by the entity, the TIN (18 numbers) will be assigned by the the local tax offices according to applicable regulations. During the transition time the old 15-digit TIN is still being used for certain entities, and which are listed upon tax Registration Certificate.
- The individual’s TIN relies on identity. If a person is using a Chinese ID card as their identification TIN is their ID number. If you are a person who uses a passport or any other ID document as the proof of identity, TIN is issued by the local tax office in accordance with applicable regulations. In certain regions passport numbers are considered TINs for foreign citizens.
The Information You Need
- Taxpayers Identification
- Name of the taxpayer
- Address of Taxpayers
- The type of economy
- Industry type
The Document is required Obtain Tax Identification Number (EIN)
- A taxpayer’s identification number will be the one that appears found on your tax identification certificate commonly referred to as “tax number” and it is mandatory to enable taxpayers to manage tax-related issues.
- It is assigned to identify and record keeping reasons. The TIN number permits to the Tax Department to keep track of all tax-paying individuals as well as entities and oversee their accounts. Trusts, estates and corporations have to file taxes under this number every year.
Other uses for the document/certificate
If you are buying a home or a car and paying social security opening an account at a bank e.t.c. You must have a tax payer identification number.