How To Opening a Bank Account In China
- Proper Preparation
- The process of preparing documents can be divided into two basic categories: selecting your bank and preparing the necessary documents.
- Opening an Account at the Bank
- After you have chosen the bank, and placed your passport as well as cash in your wallet Set aside one or two hours to visit the nearest bank branch.
- Utilizing the Accounts of Your China Bank Account
- There are many ways to be with your brand newly opened China bank account or UnionPay card as well as each one may require specific steps.
Documents Required Opening a Bank Account
The only document you need for an account of any kind will be your passport. It is not required to show any proof of address nor of income. If you visit the bank, do not go to the counter. It is possible to go to an information desk and state your need to open a new account. They will hand you an application in two languages. It is however better to get the desk staff to fill it in for you. They are more attentive than you and will likely write it with a neater style.
Office Locations and Contacts
Bank of ChinaWebsite http://www.
Customer Service Telephone number (hotline) 95566
China Construction Bank
Customer Service Telephone Number 800 120 5568
Agricultural Bank of China
Customer Service Telephone number (hotline) 95599
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Customer Service number (hotline) 95588
What Are All The Eligibility
Below are the most commonly used kinds of accounts that are opened in China
There are many RMB and FCY types of accounts accessible to FIEs that are incorporated in China which include but are not restricted to the following types of accounts:
- Account types for foreign currency
- Capital Account (most preferred to be the Bank)
- Settlement Account
- Foreign Debt Special Account
- RMB account kinds
- Basic Account
- General Account
They might ask for a the amount of deposit, ranging from 10 to 20 RMB while some financial institutions could require you to pay for the card they grant you, so make sure to bring around 40 RMB as a security measure.
The first place to visit is at the information desk. You can talk to the staff and request a telephone number. Inform them that you’re creating a new account and typically, they will assist you to complete the application.
- Full name
- Identification number and passport
- Type of account
- Contact information
- Next of cousins
The Document is required Opening a Bank Account
The process of opening an account with a Chinese Bank account an easy task, and is not as daunting as you would think. When you visit China it’s more comfortable for you to create the account in a Chinese banking account.
Information that can be useful
- Union Pay Anyone who has visited China will be aware that debit and credit cards aren’t accepted in the majority of businesses. In recent years, when the economy has dramatically increased, debit cards from banks are accepted in many locations. The majority of places that accept credit cards, will take Union Pay, not Visa or MasterCard.
- Union Pay is a Chinese bank card network which is managed by the government. Union Pay is available in China is available only through Chinese banks, and some selected international banks. This is the only card that is accepted by numerous business establishments and on web websites. It is for this reason that I think that if you have opened a bank account for an expat, it’s extremely beneficial to apply for an Union Pay card.
Other uses for the document/certificate
There are many advantages to an expat if they decide to open an account with an Chinese bank. Being an expat, having an account with an Chinese bank may enable you to enjoy lower-cost banking and the possibility of purchasing certain services and goods online that can’t be bought using credit or debit cards. If you choose to establish accounts as an expat with the Chinese bank, I would suggest that you should prepare yourself properly to bring the required documents, and ensure that you register to receive the Union Pay Card.
There are several possibilities for you to get with your brand account China bank account or UnionPay card as well as each one may require specific steps.
- Making use of the ATM The ATM is the easiest method to make use of your account. You can withdraw cash at the ATM or even deposit cash at some of them.
- Making Purchases Online: If you anticipate buying items from Taobao and/or another China merchant, you’re going to have to solicit them to switch into Internet banking. In the absence of this, your card will not work to buy. (note that certain shopping websites such as Amazon.com cannot be accessed in China without VPN)
- Wire Money: Each branch has its own wire guidelines So, inquire with your bank about the wire instructions you require. My bank provided me with the printout (in English!) detailing exactly what had to take place, including an intermediary bank.
One thing you need to be aware of is the name. Be sure that the name that appears on the form is the same as the name on your passport precisely. If not, the money won’t be transferred because the computer system could take the wrong name as belonging to a different account. If you’d like online or mobile banking, you can ask for them simultaneously. After you have completed the forms you are able to hand them over the forms and make your first depositof 10 yuan the minimum. Certain banks will charge you 15 Yuan to cover your card, for instance The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). If you are issued the card, you’ll be asked to choose the pin to six digits. The password you use for online banking has to be changed to the pin that has numbers and letters to the bank’s website after you have returned home. Dont forget it.