Obtain to Export Hides and Skin In Malawi By Yourself
- Go to the Department of Animal Health and Livestock Development in your area to get the application forms, as well as an inventory of all the needed documents
- Prepare all the necessary documents, complete the application correctly and send it to the director of the department.
- Pay the prescribed fee to submit the form and include the invoice with the application
- Completely submit the application to the department to be validated
- The officer who received your application will review the application and, if is correct send an application back to backoffice to process it.
- The director will assign an inspector to conduct an inspection of your premises as well as the consignment.
- An inspector is responsible for conducting the check and collect the necessary results and forward them to the director.
- The director will go over the information provided and take an informed decision based on the information and decide whether to grant your request or reject it.
- If the judge approves The permit will then be processed and given to you according to the law in force.
Application via Proxy
- If you plan for your applications to be submitted via an agent, the agent has to have a representative in the local area who has been authorized in writing. The names of all director or partner of the company should be included on the application
- Read for yourself the Hides and Skins Trade Act in Information that could be of be of assistance in the section below.
Required Documents For Obtain to Export Hides and Skin
- Application form
- Identification documents
- Registration certificate for business/company registration
- Tax Identification Number
- Letter of Authorization for an agent
- Other documents that are required by the Department
Office Locations and Contact
- Department of Animal Health and Livestock Development
- Private Bag 2096
- Tel: (+256) 0991277492
- Fax: (+256) 01751349
- Register Exporters
- MK 50,000
Documents to Utilize
- Application form for Export: PDF
- 2 weeks
- Skin or hides are not allowed to be exported unless through an authorized port or the point of exit.
- If applications are made by corporations They must be signed through the director of management, or by the secretary or the local representative, who has been approved in writing by the company to submit the same as well as indicating the names of all directors on the application.
The Information You Need
- Agent details
- Port details
- Consignment details
Documentation is needed
- This permits you can export skins and hides from Malawi
Information that can be useful
- Hides and Skins Act: Link
- Malawi Trade Portal: Link