Obtain Wrecks Investigation License In Bermuda By Online
- Create all the necessary documents required to submit your application. Ensure that you have all the documents necessary.
- Get an application online via Bermuda’s government Bermuda site: Website or download it using the link in the “Documents to use” subsection below.
- Check the information on the application form attentively while filling out the application form.
- Make sure you have the proper documents in the section 4 of the application form.
- Send the application in its entirety in writing to Custodian of Historic Wrecks, Department of Conservation Services Headquarters by mail at this postal address (Shorelands 17, North Shore Road, Flatts FL 04. Address for mailing: PO Box FL145, Flatts FL BX. Phone: 293-2727.)
- The Department will look into your application and , if your application is in compliance with all necessary documents and requirements, it will be reviewed and you will receive response through the contact details you have provided.
Required Documents For Obtain Wrecks Investigation License
- Specifications for the areas to be included in the license as well as the demarcation of the site
- Description of the environment of the site
- The project’s objectives
- The techniques and methods to be used
- The team’s composition, experience and qualifications of the team
- The documentation of this project
- Stabilization of the field and preservation of artefacts
- An agreement to supply copies of the project’s records for the proposed project to Custodian of Historic Wrecks within six months after the completion of the project
- A statement that states that all actions carried out under a license shouldn’t be a risky undertaking and must comply with recognized safe operational practices for the kind of work to be carried out.
- A release of Bermuda’s Government of Bermuda from any responsibility that could arise from the project
- Information about registration and support vessels
- Contact details for the owner and/or the captain of the boat
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Environment and Natural Resources:
169 South Road
Paget DV 04
P.O. Box HM 834
Hamilton CX Hamilton
- Intuitions, organisations or individual researchers
- Request information on the fee from the appropriate authority via the address provided above.
- It is good for 3 years and is not subject to renewals.
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Application Form
- There are three types of licenses you can apply for;
- Pre-disturbance survey permit
- Excavating permits for an open wreck
- Permission to excavate on closed wreck
- The application should be made at minimum of five months before the start of your project. This allows you to address any issues that could occur.
- The applicant have to meet the requirements of good standing prior to when they can apply. Historic Wrecks Authority will consider the possibility of a renewal or a new application. All requirements under prior licenses must be fulfilled.
- Complete a separate application form for each site, wreck or survey
- Contact information and contact details for the applicant.
- Site investigation information
The Document is required
- You’ll need an Wrecks Investigation License to conduct archeological and scientific studies of historical wrecks in Bermuda
Information that can be useful
- Report on the discovery of a shipwreck Report the discovery of the shipwreck
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda