Register a Marriage In Barbados By Online
- The applicants must arrange with the Magistrate or Marriage Officer who will perform the ceremony.
- Once the arrangement is made, the Marriage Office (or Clerk of the Magistrate) presents the wedding couple with a formal letter that must be handed out at the time of applying for a marriage license.
- The marriage license needs to be handed over to the Clerk of the Court.
- Marriage is registered after which an original, fully filled and completed marriage record – Marriage Card is issued or requested.
Required Documents For Register a Marriage
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Valid passports if the applicants are not residents of the country. applicants
- The marriage certificate must be certified as well as death certificate for the spouse who died, If either of the parties was married before and divorced.
- A copy of the original Decree Absolute, or an authentic copy of the Final Judgement , if any of the parties were divorced. Note Note: If it is the Foreign Language, the document must be translated and endorsed by a Notary Public who is authorized to do so.
- Additional requirements:
- Anyone who has received Barbadian citizenship through descent or registration, or by immigrant status, or permanent residence must present an original certificate provided from Barbados’ Immigration Department of Barbados or the passport on which all relevant information is stamped.
- Non-nationals who are granted work permits must show the passport that proves the work permit given to them. Or, the appropriate documents issued by the Immigration Department.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Registerer of Barbados’s Supreme Court of Barbados
Telephone: +1 (246)-426-3461
Fax: +1 (246)-426-2405
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade
1 Culloden Road,
Telephone: (246) 431-2200
Fax: (246) 429-6652 / (246) 228-0838
- Barbadian residents must be legal.
- Barbadian minors aged between the ages of 16 and 18 have to have parental consent as well as both parents present when they submit their the application.
- If either of the parties is a resident or resident of Barbados: $45.00 and $10.00 in postage stamps
- In the event that neither of the parties is a citizen of Barbados: $150.00 and $25.00 in postage stamps
If a Magistrate is conducting the wedding, the following fees should be paid in advance to the Court upon receiving the Marriage Licence
- If either party is a resident of Barbados: $50.00
- In the event that there is no one who is a citizen of Barbados: $150.00
The ceremony of marriage is to take place outside of the Court
- If either party is a resident of Barbados: $75.00
- In the event that neither of the parties is a resident of Barbados: $250.00
- Marriages must be registered within the first 10 (10) day of each month.
- All marriages are registered with the Registration Department, Coleridge Street, Bridgetown.
- Marriage certificates can be obtained through the Ministry of Home Affairs, Post Office Complex, Cheapside. St. Michael.
- The Marriage Officer as well as Magistrate responsible for performing the marriage are responsible to record the wedding.
- The place of marriage
- Date of wedding
- Name and surname of the husband
- The Maiden and Names of the wives
- The age of the husband
- The age of the spouse
- Marital status of the husband and wife
- Addresses of spouse and husband address – current addresses (foreign addresses are not permitted)
- The occupation of the husband
- The occupation of the wife
- Name and job of husband’s father
- Name and occupation of wife father
- The signatures are of the husband or wife
- Witnesses’ signatures
- The Signature of Marriage Officer, or Magistrate
Documentation is needed
Anyone who wants to marry in Barbados must register their wedding.
Barbados Supreme Court: http://www.lawcourts.gov.bb/Marriage.html