Register an Adoption(DE FACTO) In Malysia By Online
- Contact the authority in question personally.
- The application form must be filled in with the entire information.
- Make sure you have all the documents required.
- Pay the fee as prescribed.
Required Documents For Register an Adoption
- Legal affirmation or letter of consent to adoptive parents from natural or single female parents
- A photocopy of the passport or identity card of each natural parents as stated on the Birth Certificate of the child.
- A legal declaration from an adoptive parent (Appendix A1);
- Original and a copy of the Birth Certificate or ID document for the child
- Original and copy of Identity cards , passports or visas of the adoptive parents.
- Copy and original of Birth Certificates or other identification documents for children of the adoptive parents.
- Original and a copy of the marriage certificate for the adopted parents.
- Death certificates of the child’s natural parents (if they’ve passed away)
- Documentation of residency
Office Locations and Contacts
- National Registration Department Malaysia
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- No.20 Precinct 2
- Federal Government Administrative Centre
- 62551 Federal Territory of Putrajaya
- TELE (1MOCC) 03-8000 0800
- Fax 03-8880-8288
- Below is the external link to the following
- NRD Branch
- State Director’s contact details
- Headquarters Management
Application can be made available by the following individuals:
- A parent of adoptive (husband/wife) or the adoptive mother (single) or adoptive father (single) who is a permanent or citizen resident
- Adoptive parents, adoptive mothers (single) or the adoptive father (single) who are aged 25 or over as well as at least 18 years older than the child.
- Couple who are married legally with marriage certificate;
- Adoption that has consent from natural parents or single female parent. If consent is not granted the adoption could take place through a court decree or a social report issued by the Department of Social Welfare.
- Applications must be sent to the NRD in the district where the parents of adoption reside.
The eligibility of the child
- Not married
- Below 18
- Or non-citizens, either citizen or not.
- Possess an identification document (Birth Certificate or identity card / passport/ entry permit)
- Cared for, protected and maintained by the adoptive parents over not less than 2 (2) years
A cost of 30 RM is due on approval.
Documents to Utilize
Formulary for application JPN.AA01
The Registration of Adoptions Act 1952 (Act 253) (de facto) is the subject matter under the National Registration Department. The purpose of this act is to record de facto adoptions, in which children are raised in the care, education and maintenance of adoptive parents for a period of two (2) years prior to adoption registration. The adoptions are protected by Act 257 and apply to Muslims and non-Muslims.
Documentation is needed
This page provides details about how to apply for the adoption (de de facto) to Malaysia.