Register for Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) In India By Yourself
- Visit the GST Registration Portal Using Following link GST for Goods and Services
- Click on the “Services” menu, then under “Registration” select the alternative “New account” to access a the new page.
- On the following page, the users must complete the New registration page to request user credentials, and then click “Proceed” located at the lower right side of the page in order to access the OTP Verification page.
- The user must provide an email and mobile number and follow the prompts according to the appropriate format in order to obtain an OTP and then enter it in the appropriate locations to confirm.
- Its generated “Temporary Referral Number (TRN)”will appear to you on screen. You will get the TRN acknowledgement details on your email address as and on your mobile phone number.
- Please save it to be able to refer back in the future.
- Then, go back to the homepage as the above mentioned. Select the “Services” menu, followed by “Registration” option, then “New Registration”sub option. Select”New Registration” and then click the “Temporary Referral Number (TRN)” radio icon to log in by using the TRN.
- Within the Temporary Referent Number (TRN) box Enter the generated TRN and then enter the captcha code in the form shown on the screen in the appropriate manner.
- Hit to click the “PROCEED” click. After that, the Verify OTP page appears. You will receive the exact mobile OTP as well as an Email OTP. These OTPs differ to previous OTPs that you got in the the previous step.
- In the Mobile or email OTP field, type in your OTP you received via your mobile phone and email address, if relevant. OTP is valid up to 10 minutes.
- If the OTP is not valid If it is not valid, try again by clicking on the You need OTP to be sent. You will get the OTP to your mobile number that you have registered or email ID .
- Input your newly-received OTP and again in the appropriate spaces.
- Select to click the “PROCEED” option.
- From that point users will be presented with prompts on the page to fill in details about the business including registration, address, digital signature, verification of aadhar, signature authority, and other important information. Users must provide the required details and fill in the prompt by clicking the appropriate button.
- The application will be processed by the appropriate department.
Apply via an Accountant Charted (In-Person):
- If you need to contact a chartered accountant, please do so and follow his instructions.
- You will need to submit the required documents and other information to be registered.
Required Documents For Register for Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
- Click here : for document requirement go through the screen requirements according to your category. obtain the document requirements.
Following the set of documents created by choosing Constitution of Business as “Partnership” and the Nature of Possession of the premises as”Leased”
- Partnership Deed
- Photo of the Promoter/Partner
- Photograph of the Signatory Authorised
- Documentation of appointment of a Signature (Any One)
- Letter of Authorisation
- Copy of Resolution adopted through BoD/ Managing Committee and Acceptance letter
- The proof of principal place of Business (Any One)
- Electricity Bill
- Legal ownership document
- Municipal Khata Copy
- Property Tax Receipt
- The Rent / Lease Agreement
- Rental receipt and NOC (In the event of an expired or no-longer valid agreement)
Office Locations and Contacts
Office of the GST Council Secretariat,5th Floor, Tower II, JeevanBharti Building, Janpath Road,
Connaught Place, New Delhi-110 010.
Telephone Number. : 011-23762656.
Contact information for the link: Contacts
- Businesses that have a turnover greater than the threshold of Rs. 40 Lakhs* (Rs. 10,0 Lakhs per North-Eastern States, J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
- Casual taxable person / Non-Resident taxable person
- Agents of suppliers and Input service distributors
- Taxpayers using this reverse charge system
- A person who sells via an an e-commerce aggregator
- Every aggregator of e-commerce
- Person who provides online information and access to databases and retrieval service from that is not India to a person located in India not a registered tax payer
- CBIC has issued a notice of the rise in threshold turnover, from 20 lakhs to 40 lakhs. The notification came into effect beginning on April 1st, 2019.
- When applying online, the application is to be submitted
The validity is for life.
- Registered Business Name
- A valid Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Valid Indian Mobile Phone Number
- An email address that is valid
- Jurisdiction details
- The valid Bank Account Number is from India
- Indian Financial System Code (IFSC)
- At least one Proprietor / Director, Partner or Trustee or Karta / Member who has a the same PAN
- A signatory with a valid authorization who is a resident in India with valid and current information including PAN
- Location of Business
- E-mail ID that is valid
- Other business-related information.
Documentation is needed
- Businesses in India are now subject to GST tax system.
- Procurement or sale of any commodity/item/service attracts GST as per government norms and the same has to be paid with registration of their firm under GST and obtain the unique GST number.
Information that can be useful
- Goods and services are classified into five tax slabs to collect tax
The GST was introduced to replace the existing tax system of multiple taxes that were imposed by government of the state and central governments.