How To Register Paternity In Georgia
- To verify established paternity applicants must visit one of the branches within the Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall.
- Submit an application it along with the other necessary documents.
- It should take around an entire day for the application to be completed. You’ll need to go back at the office to collect the Certificate of Paternity Established.
Documents that are required Register Paternity
Paternity determination upon joint applications of parents:
- A joint written request of the parents;
- Identity documents from both parents.
- The birth certificate for the baby
- If the father or mother of children are minors, birth certificates as well as a signed consent by both parents or another legal representatives to register an individual as a child’s father.
Establishing paternity by means of the request from father
- Father’s written application;
- Identification document of father
- Certificate of birth for child
- The following document The death certificate of the mother; court ruling on her disappearance; court order regarding declaring mother incapacitated and a court decision depriving the mother of her parental rights
- If father is not a minor the birth certificate of his child and the consent of the parent or another legal authority to register an individual as a child’s father.
Office Locations and Contacts
Public Relations Service67 A. Tsereteli Avenue, 0154, Tbilisi, Georgia
agency at +99532 239 4010 10
+995 32 2 40 99 General Inspection
*995 322 2 40 4020 Internal Audit
What Are All The Eligibility
Paternity registration can be done in the following situations:
- A child whose paternity will be recorded as an citizen of Georgia and is a resident of Georgia or was birthed in Georgia or the birth of the child is recorded in Georgia;
- A parent of a minor an American citizen Georgia or someone who has a permanent residence permit issued in Georgia;
- The decision on paternity was been made by an Georgian court;
- Paternity determination was made by a court from another country and confirmed according to the rules established by Georgian law.
Registration and the issuance certification: free
It should take around one day for the application to be completed. It is necessary to return back to the office to pick up the Certificate of Paternity Established.
The applications to register paternity can be accepted in each branch or office of the Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall.
The document is needed
This document provides details on how to identify paternity with Georgia.
Other uses for the document/certificate
The act of registering paternity is in which a child or person is acknowledged in writing by the father of the child and conferring child’s rights and obligations to the father. A child who is recognized as a descendant by the agreement of both parents, or through the decision of a court, enjoys the same rights with respect to parents and family members as the child of an unmarried couple.
Public Relations Service – Georgia