How To Renew Passport In Gabon
What is the procedure to use it?: In Gabon
- Check out at the Directorate General for Documentation and Immigration (DGDI) office close to you and make an inquiry at the front desk.
- Application form can be obtained from the DGDI office, or download it via the DGDI website portal or click the link below to download,:(Application form)
- Complete and submit the duly filled application form, along with any documents supporting it (listed under the “Required documents” section) to be processed and verified to the official in charge in the DGDI.
- If an authorized official has the confidence that documents are correct, the information that is gathered through the request form can be included in the DGDI database system.
- Pay the application fee.
- Your biometric information will be taken on site and you will be issued with an acknowledgement/receipt slip and you will be notified of the outcome and when to collect the passport.
- It is recommended to contact the nearest embassy to you for further information about how to complete the application.
Documents Required Renew Passport
- One recent color photo
- Legalized copies of birth certificates, as well as the decree and nationality certificate for naturalized people
- Old passport if renewal (plus copy)
- Parental authorizations for children younger than 16 years old and a copy of the identification document for the parent signing the authorization
- An official receipt issued by the Treasury of 5,000 Frs CFA (to be taken out of the Treasury)
- Evidence of sources (certificate of care or employment)
- Any supporting documentation relating to a potential change in name or identity
Office Locations and Contacts
Directorate General for Documentation and Immigration (DGDI)
BP 1019 Libreville, Zone Industrielle d’Oloumi
Tel: (+241) 01 76 24 24/01 76 00 24
Gabon consulate and embassy in the United States: WEB
What Are All The Eligibility
- Gabon citizens who have expired passports
- Fees for application of 40000 CFA francs for adults , and 30000 CFA Francs for children who are less than sixteen (in Gabon)
- Passports are valid for a period of 10 years, after which they can be renewed at the expiration date of their validity.
Documents to Utilize
The Information You Need
The applicant’s identity:
- The full names of the applicants
- Birth date/place
- Civil status number
- Passport number
- Date of issue
- Expiration date
- Marital status
- Name of spouse
- Birth date
- Children in the number
- Permanent address
SOCIAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL SITUATION
- Address and name of establishment or employer
- A declaration from the applicant
- Referees full names
- Referee ID number
The Document is required Renew Passport
It is required renewal of your passport every year or before the expiration date to keep it in good standing. expired passports are not acceptable when you plan to take a trip abroad.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- The document is required to obtain a worker’s visa