How To Replace Lost or Damage Passport In Gabon
Application Procedure: Step 1 Get an affidavit and a abstract from the police:
- Start by going to the police station to report any damage or loss of the passport right away. It is also necessary to obtain an abstract of the police from police officials, as a condition for applying for the passport.
- Additionally, you must sign an affidavit detailing the circumstances that led to the theft, loss or damage. It is required to include the affidavit to your application.
2. Create your application:
- Check out your local Directorate General for Documentation and Immigration (DGDI) office close to you and make an inquiry at the front desk.
- You will be required to re-apply for the passport again, Application form can be obtained from the DGDI office, or download it via the DGDI website portal or click the link below to download,:(Application form)
- Complete and submit the duly filled application form, along with documents required to support it (listed under the “Required documents” section) to be processed and verified to the official who is in attendance who is at DGDI.
- If the official authorized to sign it has the confidence that documents are correct, the information collected on the form is included in the DGDI database system.
- Make sure you pay the necessary application fees.
- Your biometric information will be taken on site and you will be issued with an acknowledgement/receipt slip and you will be notified of the outcome and when to came and collect the passport.
- In case you have lost/stolen/mutilated your passport, you should visit the Gabon embassy or consulate near you with the police affidavit/report and a letter explaining how you lost the passport.
- You will be issued travel documents to assist when you go to Gabon to complete your passport application.
Documents Required Replace Lost or Damage Passport
- An affidavit detailing the circumstances that led to the theft, loss or destruction.
- A police report regarding the disappearance of passport. i.e. Abstracts from police.
- A letter explaining why you have lost your passport
- One recent color photo
- Copy of the passport that was lost (if there is one)
- Legalized copies of birth certificates, as well as the decree as well as the nationality certificate for naturalized people
- Parental authorizations for children younger than 16 years old and a copy of the ID document from the parent signing the authorization
- An official receipt issued by the treasury for 5,000 Frs CFA (to be taken out of the Treasury)
- Documentation of the resources (certificate of care or employment)
- Any supporting document that relates to a potential change in name or identity
Office Locations and Contacts
Directorate General for Documentation and Immigration (DGDI)
BP 1019 Libreville, Zone Industrielle d’Oloumi
Tel: (+241) 01 76 24 24/01 76 00 24
Gabon consulate and embassy in the world: Web
What Are All The Eligibility
- Gabon citizens who have lost/stolen/mutilated passport
Fees for application of the amount of 40,000 CFA francs for adults , and the equivalent of 30,000 CFA francs for children younger than 16 years old.
- Passports are valid for a period of 10 years. They will be renewed at the expiration of their validity.
Documents to Utilize
The Information You Need
The applicant’s identity:
- The full names of the applicants
- Date of birth and place of birth
- Civil status number
- Passport number
- Date of issue
- Expiration date
- Marital status
- Name of spouse
- Birth date
- The number of children
- Permanent address
PROFESSIONAL AND/OR SOCIAL SITUATION
- Name and address of the establishment or employer
- The applicant’s declaration
- The circumstances that lead to the loss of passport
- Referees full names
- Referee ID number
The Document is required Replace Lost or Damage Passport
Passports are essential when you want to travel internationally and applications for travel visas
Other uses of the document/certificate
- This document is required to apply for a travel Visa or Work Permit
- Passports serve as proof of identity