Renew Passport In Jamaica By Yourself
- If you’re in Jamaica, visit the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency in Jamaica (PICA) to apply for a passport renewal. This link will take you to the Link location map and contact information for PICA.
- To obtain the passport renewal form, visit the nearest PICA office. Or you can download it electronically from the link website (Adult Passport Renewal Form (Simplified).) or via this link: Link
- Complete the form according to your needs. Next, get all supporting documents and attach them to the for.
- Next, visit PICA’s office to pay the application fee for the service you are applying for. You can choose between normal or expedited service.
- Your application can also be submitted by a third party, or registered mail. If your application is being submitted to a third party it is necessary to have a notarized consent letter and a valid identification.
- After you have paid the application fees, you can submit your passport processing offer and all required documents at the service window to verify.
- The service office will confirm and issue an acknowledgment receipt detailing your application.
- Your passport will then be processed according the service requested and made available for collection at the time and date indicated in the acknowledgement receipt.
- You will receive your passport at the PICA office where you applied.
- You can renew your passport online by visiting PICA’s online portal: Link
- To be taken to the eligibility page, click on “Start a new application”. Next, fill out the eligibility questionnaire. If you’re unsure if you’re eligible for renewals online, click on “Check eligibility”. You will then receive a notification that you are not eligible to apply online.
- If you’re eligible to apply online, you’ll be directed to another page. Here you can start your application by entering all the information required including your passport number.
- Complete the online application, attach all required documents and photos, and then pay the application fee online using the option provided at the payment section. Finally, submit your application
- The notification will inform you that your application has been submitted successfully. You can then check your email to see the details of the application.
- The passport will be processed. You will need to present the old passport and collect the new one.
- If you are applying for a passport in Jamaica and sending it by registered mail, please address the package to Director of Passport Services Passport Immigration and Citizenship Agency 25 Constant Spring Road Kingston 10.
- If you are applying from overseas, please send your application by registered mail to the nearest Jamaican Embassy, Consulate, or Mission.
Required Documents For
- Please complete the application form
- Current Passport
- Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate, Jamaican Citizenship Certificate
- Two identical photographs must be certified by one certifying official.
- If name has been altered (Marriage Certificates, Deed Polls, Divorce Decrees, Court Order), you will need to provide proof of the name change.
- Processing fees
Find Office Locations and Contacts
PICA’S HEAD OFFICE25C Constant Spring Rd Kingston 10
Telephone: 754 PICA, 754 7422
8 Waterloo Road Kingston 10.
Telephone: 754 PICA, 754 7422
PICA’s office location map and other branches: Link
Jamaica consulates contact details: Link
- Jamaican passport holders who have expired.
- Jamaican passports are valid for ten year for adults and five for children under 17 years.
Documents for Use
- Application form: Link
- Renewals don’t require that you appear in person. In some cases, however, an authorized officer might require that the applicant appear in person. An applicant for renewal who is under 3 years old must appear in person.
- Personal information
- Contact details
- Contact us immediately
- Passport details
- Additional information
You will need the document
- To travel from Jamaica to other countries and to enter Jamaica, you will need a valid passport
Information that might be of assistance
- Link Passport renewal guide
Other uses for the Certificate/Document
- Passports are used to identify and verify the nationality of the holder
- PICA: Link