Renew Trade Certificate (Dealer Certificate) In India By Yourself
- To renew the vehicle trade certification The applicant must visit the RTO office in which the area he lives in.
- The application for the renewal of a certificate of trade must be submitted on Form 16. The application form is available at the following website Application Form 16.
- Check that you have all the documents required to complete the application.
- The applicant must make sure they’re eligible to this process.
- Applications forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO office.
- Fill out the application forms at a counters and pay the appropriate cost, and the official will begin the process of processing the application.
- Follow their directions for completing the process.
- If all conditions are met If all is satisfactory, the certification renewal will then be approved.
- In certain states, the applicant must seek out services available over the counter such as CSC centres/e-seva to apply.
- In some states , applicants should apply through the department’s online portal.
- Find contact details and application forms for the relevant state portals using the links under the respective states below.
Required Documents For Renew Trade Certificate
- Formula 16 (application for a trade certificate) Link to apply : Form 16
- A valid trade license.
- Manufacturer’s dealership letter or another appointing letter.
- The plan of your work.
- PAN Number of owner of the business.
- Any valid proof of address (such for Voter ID, etc. )
- GST number of the firm or business.
- Documents about the workplace you work in (documents of the premises where your business is located or the lease agreement if you run your business through a lease)
- Photos of your workplace.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Original and copy of the original along with self-attestation as per the instructions of appropriate authorities must be provided as per the requirements.
- In addition to the documents above Authorities may request to provide additional documents or other information. You must provide them to process.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways,Transport Bhawan 1. Parliament Street,
Telephone Number: 23062019/ 223062022
Clicking the link will give RTO Contact information: Link
- A Valid trade license due for renewal
- RTO authorities might provide more information about fees.
The trade certificate issued will remain valid for 12 years from date of the issue or renewal. (shall be valid all over India.)
Documentation is needed
- This certificate has to be renewed prior to the expiration date to make use of the vehicle only for business purposes.
- A trade certificate is required by a genuine dealer of a manufacturer of vehicles.
- The certificate is issued to different classes of vehicles, such as M/C Goods Carriers, LMV THREE-WHEELER, MOTOR/MAXI CAB.
- This certification is required by an organization to use the vehicle for testing and demonstration purposes.
Information that can be useful
- The certificate of trade must be carried in the vehicle in a waterproof circular folder. The the trade registration marks must be displayed in a prominent location inside the vehicle.
- The holder of an official trade certificate is allowed to deliver the motor vehicle to a buyer who is not registered either for a temporary or a permanent.