Renew your OCI Card In India By Yourself
- The applicant must apply personally to The Indian Mission/Post/Office in whose jurisdiction the applicant lives.
- Link for contact details. Mission overseas link
- Go to the appropriate office. Get the necessary application form. Send your completed application with the required documents to the authorities and follow their instructions to begin the procedure.
- The application will be reviewed in order to either cancel or to renounce OCI.
- OCI details
- Evidence of current citizenship
- Photocopy of passport that is valid (applicable in all instances) Valid for at least 6 months from the time of filing of application.
- Passports that have expired.
- Birth date.
- The proof of address of the address of the (Electricity bill/Telephone bill)
- Aadhaar card (as as per the requirement)
- For minors
- Passport of parent or guardian
- Affidavit in accordance with the requirements
Please submit any additional documentation or information as the required by the online process and as an official quote.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Home Affairs,North Block, New Delhi 110001 India.
Telephone Number: 23092392
Contact information for the link: link
- OCI cardholders who are under 20 years old must renewal their OCI card every time they obtain an updated passport.
- When you reach 50 years old when you turn 50, you can apply for OCI renewal of your OCI card.
- US $25 or its equivalent local currency
In the event of applications being filed in India you must obtain a an advance draft of the amount drawn to the name of “Pay and Accounts officer (Secretariat), Ministry of Home Affairs” payable at New Delhi.
- Valid lifelong.
If you are a person who is younger than 21 years old and over 50 years old age, they need to apply for a new OCI each time they receive the new passport.
The Information You Need
- OCI details
- Applicant details.
- Passports that are current and not expired
- Date of Birth and Age.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Documentation is needed
- It is important to renew your OCI when you receive a new passport once you are in the valid age bracket.
- It is also known as the Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) is an immigration status that allows the foreign citizen with Indian origin to reside and perform work within India for a period of time.
- The OCI was created as a response to the demand for dual citizenship from the Indian of Indian.
Information that can be useful
A personal interview during the process of verification of documents.
More details about OCI Card : OCI Card