How To Single Status Certificate In Gabon

How To Single Status Certificate In Gabon

It is advised to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country will require a special form of documentation. The first step is to sign a declaration that is processed by the local office , where marriage certificates are prepared. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in the Gabon. In this declaration will be noted in the event that there was been no marriage in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a local or state-issued registrar’s declaration or account to be authenticated in order to be able to work overseas.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Documents Required Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or national identity card.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorced by Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of the previous partner (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The fee applicable.

Office Locations and Contacts

Gabonese Government (Mairie)

Gabonese representations abroad

What Are All The Eligibility

To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll most likely need to present documents from the country you are a citizen of to prove that you are single and that you are able to marry. This is referred to as a “Certificate of No Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.


Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough for an event to be held in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by authorities in the foreign country to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates might need to be certified or exchanged with a local version that is approved by the Embassy or Consulate in the country in which you plan to get married.
  • Certificates could require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit declaring that you are allowed to marry and it is attached to the.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • ID or passport number
  • Place of Birth and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

Documentation is needed

  • The Single Status Certificate,, sometimes known as No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a swearing statement that states that you are able to marry.
  • Overseas wedding authorities usually require further proof that the couple is able to get married. The evidence could include the declaration of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Results”.

Information that could be helpful

In a sworn affidavit, the applicant can prove that they are the person claims to be. It is a Single Status letter or Affidavit that declares that they can and are allowed to marry, and other things. Be aware that one aspect of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a official document It is an affiant’s letter that was signed before the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind document is that it has various names for it. For instance, take a take a look at the following table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or the “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Other uses for the document/certificate

  • A Bride & Groom to be married should provide, the country of their citizenship or individual certificates of non impediment, or Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit to prove that they are married and are not eligible for marriage. This is also known as an affidavit of single-status or a negative declaration of marriage. This form of documentation can be found from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.
  • In certain nations, authorities require the issuance of a certificate that states that there isn’t any obstacle to marrying. You can get this certificate from the consulate or embassy of Gabon.

External Links

Official Portal of the Gabonese Republic

Gabonese Government

How To Single Status Certificate In Gabon
How To Single Status Certificate In Gabon

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Francophonie and Regional Integration


  • If you plan to marry in a foreign country, you could be required to get the Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional Marriage, Statement in lieu Of Certificate of Non-Impediment for marriage abroad or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Osta Certificate of Independence to Marry , or simply free to get married.
  • Certificate of Non-Impediment in marriage
  • It is available by contacting the local department of foreign affairs, or the Embassy in the country the country where you’re planning to get married.
  • Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are able to get married.
  • They’re like the Certificate of no Impediment However, instead, you must swear that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.



Leave a Comment