How to Single Status Certificate In Uruguay

Single Status Certificate In Uruguay By online

It is recommended to follow the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad will require a special form of documentation. The first step is submit a statement that is processed by the local office where marriage certificates are prepared. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in Uruguay. In this declaration will be noted that there hasn’t been any marriages in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a local or state registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Complete a form and make a declaration.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Document For Single Status Certificate 

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorced Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of your previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The fee applicable.

Office Locations and Contact

Civil RegistryCentral Office: Uruguay 933
Telephone: +598 2900 5085
Time: 10.15 to 15.30 hs.

In Montevideo:
Sarandi 428
Phone: 2915 3260/6067/6051
The hours of operation are from Monday to Friday, in accordance with the first letters of its name.
From A LL From 07:30 until 12:00.
M-Z: from 13:00 until 17:30 hours.

in hospitals Pereira Rossell Hospital de Clinicas, Military or Canzani (for patients who are patients of the same) between Monday to Friday , 9:30 until 14:40 hours.

Inside the Interior:
Within the Magistrates Courts that are involved.

in the no. 14 Office in Ciudad de la Costa, Canelones :. Hours are from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 until 13:30.
in the no. 15 office in the City of Las Piedras. The hours are 8:30 until 13:30.

Uruguayan embassies and Consulates All over the world


To allow non-nationals to get married in a different country, you’ll likely need to present documents from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is also known as a ‘Certificate without Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


It is essential that the Bride & Groom to be married should provide, the country of their citizenship and individual certificates of non-impediment or the Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit to show that they are married and single. This is also referred to as an affidavit of single-status or a negative declaration of marriage. The document is available from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Gender
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who signs the declaration
  • Signature of witnesses

Need to have the Document

An Single Status Certification, sometimes known as Affidavit of No Marriage, Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a legally swearing statement that states that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional proof that the couple is able to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that could be helpful

Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by authorities of the country to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might need to be certified or exchanged with a local version that is approved by the Embassy or Consulate in the country you plan to get married.
  • Certificates could require to be legalized i.e. issued with an official stamp referred to in the field of Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that the certificate is affixed.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

The certificate will likely be required as a supplementary document if you’re planning to get married in a different country.

This form of identification is also needed for work in a foreign nation.

External Links

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uruguay

Civil Registry

Uruguayan State Portal


If you’re planning to marry in a foreign country, you could require the Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage Abroad or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Osta Certificate of Independence to Marry , or simply you are free to get married.

The certificates differ in terms of the time they’re valid for it can be limited to be just a couple of months. Certain countries require certificates to be not older than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. It is therefore important to research the requirements that will apply to your particular situation and pay consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.



Leave a Comment