Temporary Licence for Foreign Doctors In Botswana By Yoourself
- The application for an interim license for foreign Doctors should be made sent to the Botswana Health Professions Council (BHPC) office. Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOH) Office Address and contact information
- The applicants must collect and submit an application form. Botswana Health Professions Council (BHPC) Registration Form. The form is available in any BHPC offices, or download it through the MoH website,(Form is accessible in section titled Botswana Health Professions Council section) or directly download it by clicking this link: BHPC Register Form
- The form that is completed and attached to the required documentation listed in the “Required Documents” section on this page needs to be handed in the BHPC office for review.
- After the submission of the application and after submission, the BHPC Registration & Licensing office will examine for discrepancies and ineligibility of the documents submitted. If a problem that cannot be fixed immediately appears in any of the documents, then the application along with all documents submitted is returned to applicant. The application must not be submitted again until the discrepancy is fixed.
- When the inspector is satisfied all the requirements are fulfilled for the application for the permit, the file is accepted and the applicant given an acknowledgment form to serve as evidence of the submission of the application. It is also used to be able to reference the inquiry should the need arise.
- The file for the application will be sent on to members of the Botswana Health Professions Council committee board for evaluation and assessment.
- After the successful assessment phase, where all requirements of the regulatory approval of the license are satisfied, the licensee is then called in from the BHPC and asked to sit for an examination and write test at the discretion of members of the BHPC panel.
- The BHPC committee board reserves the right to ask for additional information pertinent in the request. In this instance the application is required to be submitted within the specified time period from the time of notice. If the applicant is unable to provide the necessary information, the application will be denied.
- Following the completion of the test, the applicant will have to make payment for the application fees of BWP 30.00 according to the BHCP preferred payment method and also obtain an BHPC pay slip.
- Only those who pass the test and interview will be registered with BHPC and awarded an BHCP Registration Certificate/Practice certificate.
- Go to the BHPC office, and show the acknowledgement letter, identity document along with evidence of payment for the license fee . The fee will be verified by the registrar. Then, get the certificate.
- NOTE: Health Professional who work in the private health industry must also be licensed and registered through the Ministry of Health & Wellness for no additional cost when they obtain an BHCP Certification Certificate.
Required Documents For Temporary Licence for Foreign Doctors
- Fully completed BHPC Registration Formulation
- Certified copy of passport information (non residents) as well as Omang (citizens).
- Four passport-sized photographs (there must be an official endorsement for the true likenessThe photos must be authentically like the originals.
- A certified proof of the change in name or surname (if applicable).If applicable, certified proof of change of name or surname.
- Certificate of certification in the form of a certified copy. qualifications.
- A certified copy of proof for internship(for those who have completed their internship and are new to the registration process) as well as a transcript.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Application letter.
- Application fee (P30) payable after examination.
- A certified duplicate certified copy of Current Practicing License and Registration Certificate.
- Original of the certificate of good standing from the previous registry body (not more than six months old)
- Recent professional reference (Originals on headed paper or on letter head no more than six months. ).
- All applicants from countries that are not English Speaking Countries have to show evidence of proficiency in English (having completed the IELTS test and achieving an overall score of at least 7)
- NOTES: Every document must be written in English Each document must be authenticated by the Commissioner of Oath
Office Locations and Contacts
BOTSWANA HELLA PROFESSIONS COUNCIL (BHPC)
Address: Plot no 725,
Main Mall, 1st Floor Room 16-23 Near CENTRAL POLICE STATION
Telephone: (+267) 3190749
Ministry of Health and Wellness (MoH)
Private Bag 0038
Address: Plot 54069, 24 Amos Street Government Enclave
TOLL-Free Customer: 0800600740
Inquiries: (+267) 3632500/3170585
Emergency Services Emergency Services: 997
MoH Office Location &Contact Details
Certified Foreign Doctors who wish for a temporary job in Botswana temporarily are eligible to apply.
Application fee (P30) payable after examination.
- Validity of the license is noted on the license. It is valid for the specific time frame unless it is cancelled or suspended at the discretion of the authority.
- The period for renewal of licenses is between April 1st and June the 30th June of any particular fiscal year.
Documents to Utilize
- Health Profession that requires Registration utilized
- The full name of the applicant
- The date of birth (day/monthor year)/Gender
- Contact details (address, email, mobile, fax, telephone)
- Status of immigrants
- Information on identity document
- Qualification Information (Primary Qualification/Postgraduate qualifications)
- Employment Details
- Declaration of Oath
Need to have the Document
- All health professionals (citizens and foreigners) must be certified by the Botswana Health Professions Council (BHPC) which is a part of the Ministry of Health.
- It is illegal to engage any health professional who isn’t licensed by BHPC or is not able to show an appropriate certificate of practice as required by the Health Professions act (Cap 61.02).