How To Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle In Georgia
- Collect all documents that you’ll be required to submit or provide to be able to complete the process.
- Apply for a job.
- Complete the form and attach the other documents required.
- All fees must be paid.
Documents that are required Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle
- Document that confirms the ownership of the automobile
- ID card;
- Act of Inspection (issued from the Service Agency);
- Joint application
- Receipt to confirm that the fee was paid in that is in compliance with the legislation (fee of state-issued number plates is 35 GEL and fee for the vehicle’s registration document 35 GEL).
For the descendants:
- Document signed by a notary or the court;
- Formulary for application (to be filled out in the Service Agency);
- Heritage certificate;
- The registration certificate of the vehicle
- Inspection act
- ID card;
- Receipt of confirmation of payment of the amount stipulated by law – the cost for car’s registration document 35 GEL.
Office Locations and Contacts
Service Agency (Ministry of Internal Affairs)Address : Tbilisi-Rustavi Tsiteli Khidis Highway 21 kilometers
Hotline: +995 32 241 91 911
Ministry of Internal Affairs Web site of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Plate Number 35 GEL
The registration certificate of the vehicle GEL 35 GEL
It is necessary to re-register a car in the event that ownership of a vehicle has passed to a different person (selling or giving as an exchange, gift for a gift, exchange, etc.)
Re-registration also has to be completed in the event that the vehicle was acquired.
Documentation is needed
The following steps will show you how to take ownership over a car which was previously registered in Georgia.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs: