Voter Registration Transfer In Botswana By Online
- A voter who wants to move their voting registration polling place to a new station in a new area is required to first take the current Voter’s Registration Card to a Registration Officer within the district where the new station is situated for vetting and evaluation.
- The registration officer will examine the voter’s eligibility for transfer to new polling places in relation to the place of residence as well as the reasons cited.
- When a person is able to transfer, they must give their current Voter’s Registration Card to the station where they vote.
- The voter will issue an registration Transfer Card (Form J) to complete, and return the completed Form to be checked by the official who registered you and receive an acknowledgement receipt.
- The application will be processed in about 2 weeks, If approved, the voter will receive an updated voter’s registration Card at the office where the application was submitted against the national identity card as well as the acknowledgement receipt.
- The name of the voter will be removed from the electoral roll of his previous constituency and added to the electoral roll of the new constituency.
- If the transfer isn’t permitted, the applicantis issued a Notice of Rejection (Form K) the applicant who is upset can contest the ruling to the Chief Election Officer of the Constituency after 7 (7) days of the rejection. Refer to the wikiprocedure website: Botswana- How to Appeal.
Required Documents For Voter Registration Transfer
- Card for voter registration (Form B) for the original station where you voted.
- National identity card
Office Locations and Contacts
Independent Electoral Commission
Private Bag 00284
Phone: (+267) 361 2400
Toll-free number 0800 600 710
Fax: (+267) 3900581/3905205/3190889
IEC Contact/location address map: Link
IEC Site: Link
To be eligible , applicants must meet the requirements listed below.
- Citizens of Botswana who are 18 years old or more.
- Have a valid voter registration card.
- Voter who wants to transfer their registered voting station to a different polling
- There are no charges associated with this service.
- A voter’s card is valid for life.
- About two weeks after when the voter makes a visit to the registration office in the new district.
The Information You Need
- The full name of the person applying
- Current voters card details
- A residential address is located in Botswana
- Contact details
- Details of the national identity card
- The reasons for the transfer
- The applicant’s declaration
Documentation is needed
- Anyone who is registered to vote at a particular polling place and wants change their address to a different polling place can request to transfer their registration. The transfer process is not possible in the event of a vacancy within the district that the person would like to transfer to.
- Portal for government services: Link