Waste Disposal License In Botswana By Online
- The application for registration of an Environmental Waste Disposal Site is to be submitted to the Director of the Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control (DWMPC) office. Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism (MENT) Office Location and Contact Information
- The application must be submitted by writing on a prescribed form. It must include information relating to
- the volume, type and mix of the waste scheduled to be handled in the course of the year;
- the make, type and number for registration of vehicles and equipment being used to transport and process the various kinds of waste.
- the numbers, positions and the qualifications of those to be employed
- The application forms are available at DWMPC offices , but not online.
- Send the completed application form, together with supporting documentation according to the “Required Documents” section on this page and send it to the Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control office to be considered.
- The application must also be accompanied with the prescribed registration fee set by the Director, which is due according to the DWMPCt preferred method of payment.
- When the application is received The officers receiving the application will look for any discrepancies or ineligibility on the application documents. If a problem that cannot be fixed immediately appears within any one of the submitted documents, the form as well as all submitted documents are returned to the person who submitted it. They must not be submitted again until the discrepancy is fixed.
- The applicants are issued an acknowledgement letter or payment receipt as proof of the filing the application and also for reference to inquire about in the event of a need.
- The Director’s office could ask for additional information pertinent in connection with the submission. In such cases the required details must be submitted within the time limit following the notification date. If the applicant fails to provide the information required in the stipulated time, the application will be denied.
- Once the evaluation of documents is completed successfully the registration certificate must be issued by the Director in consultation with other entities involved.
- A written notice about the outcome (Approval or Deferral or Rejection) on your application shall be provided to the applicant by written form.
- If the Director isn’t convinced that the application is in compliance with the requirements of an application, the Director may deny the application and inform the applicant in writing, and stating the reasons behind the decision.
- The registration certificate will be collected. the applicant is required to provide their identification documents as well as an approval letter. the evidence of payment for the registration fee.
- The certificate of registration issued must contain the vadility date and should also indicate the scope of approval and any limitations.
- Affidavit to the Minister
- Any person who is dissatisfied with the Director’s refusal to sign the waste disposal site’s registration have the right to appeal within 28 days of the date of the refusal contest the decision in the Ministry.
Required Documents For Waste Disposal License
- Site plan and map of the location.
- Environmental Assessment Report (Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) or Environmental Monitoring Procedure (Emp) as well as an Environmental Management Plan (EMP), (Client to provide one of these documents along with a recommendation of DEA)).
- Plan of operation.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Lease agreement or title deed accompanied by map of the site
- Autorisation to use land by local authority (Zoning Permit)
- Environmental Health report
- Record keeping procedures
- Rehabilitation or facility closure plans
- Additional information about documents that is required by an Authority.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Waste Management and Pollution Control (DWMPC)
(Ministry of Natural Resources Conservation, Environment and Tourism MENT)
National Environmental Laboratory Building
Plot 20576 Magochanyama Road,Block 8 Industrial
Private Bag BR 132 Gaborone Botswana
Tel: +267 3911802/ 3934479
Fax: +267 3934486/3909953
Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism MENT
Private Bag BO199 Gaborone, Botswana
The Government Enclave Plot 13064
Tel: +267 3647900 / +267 391 4955
Fax: +267 3951092
Toll-free Number: 0800 600 734
Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism (MENT) Office Location and Contact Information
Regional offices for Pollution and Waste Management. Contact Information:
- Gaborone Regional Office
Telephone: +267 371 6800/ +267 390 9953
- Francistown Regional Office
Private Bag F020 Francistown
Telephone: +267 241 2885/ +267 241 7355
- Selebi Phikwe Regional Office
P.O. Box # 0027 Selibe Phikwe
Telephone: +267 261 0680/ +267 260 1066
- Maun Regional Office
P.O. Box 35 Maun
Telephone: +267 680 1244/ +267 680 1246
Working hours: 07:30 – 12:45 and 13:45-16:30 from Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
Citizens and non-citizens of 18 (18) years old and over can apply.
You should consult The Waste Management and Pollution Control District Coordinator.
The value on the certification certificate for the disposal facility be mentioned on the certificate. The certificate will remain valid for the period of time, unless it is it is suspended, revoked or removed at the discretion of the Issuing Authority.
- Application deadline
- Name of the Company
- Type of facility for managing waste that is used to manage waste (metal, paper, oil used, plastic…etc
- Contact person details
- Physical address or postal address of the website
- Contact information for the facility (telephone/fax noor cell phone number)
- The status of the applicant
- Personal details
- A declaration from the applicant
The Document is required
- It is illegal for anyone to run a disposal site in the absence of a waste disposal facility that is registered and legally registered and has an official certificate of registration granted from the Authority.
- Anyone who is responsible for a disposal site must, if asked by a police officer or an officer authorized to do so present for inspection the registration certificate.