How to Single Status Certificate In Madagascar

Single Status Certificate In Madagascar By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad will require a special form of documentation. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration which is processed by the local marriage office, which is where the marriage documents are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside in Madagascar. This statement will be noted as a fact was been no marriage in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to be used for foreign participation, one requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Make sure to submit the required documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Make the payment.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorce or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, death certificate of the previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The fee applicable.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Justice

Madagascar Abroad


For non-nationals who wish to marry in a different country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as”Certificate Of No Impediment and is also known as a ‘Certificate De Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient for the marriage to occur in a different country. It is possible that you will be required by foreign authorities to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please ensure you have enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged with a local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates could require legalization i.e. issued with an official stamp, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that the certificate is affixed.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

Need to have the Document

An Single Status Certification, also called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to marry or Certificate of Non Impediment is a sworn declaration that states you are legally eligible to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional evidence to prove that the couple is able to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. This Single Status Affidavit states that they can and are permitted to marry, and other things. Be aware that one aspect of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government It is an affidavit from the person who signed it who has signed it in front of the notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind documents is the fact that it has various names for it. Take a take a look at the following table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Certificate of no impediment for the marriage

It is available by contacting the department responsible for foreign affairs or from your Embassy in the country in where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status or Sworn Affidavit stating that you are able to get married.

They are like the Certificate of no Impediment however, you must swear that you are a single person before a legal representative.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

It is essential that the Bride & Groom to be married should provide, the country of their citizenship and individual Certificates of Non impediment, or Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit to prove they are both single and are eligible to marry. This is also known as an affidavit for single status or a negative marriage statement. The document is available from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.

External Links

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Madagascar


If you’re planning to get married in a different country, you might require the Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document is available under a variety of names like Declaration of Non-Impediment to Marriage, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment and Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or simply free to get married.

These certificates are different in the amount of validity it can be limited to be just a couple of months. Certain countries require that certificates are not more than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. It is therefore important to verify the requirements that will apply to your particular situation and pay consideration to timeframes when applying for an official certificate that says No Impediment.



Leave a Comment