Obtain a Passport In Jamaica By Online
- If you’re in Jamaica, visit the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency in Jamaica (PICA) to apply for a passport. This link will take you to the Link location map and contact information for PICA.
- To obtain the passport application form, visit the nearest PICA office or download it electronically through PICA’s website Link (Passport Application Form) or directly by clicking this link: Links
- Please read the instructions and complete the application form.
- Next, obtain all required documents and have them certified according to the application form. Not acceptable: Photocopies or laminated documents
- Next, visit PICA’s office to pay the application fee for the service you are applying for. You can choose between normal or expedited service.
- After paying the application fee, you can submit your application along with all required documents to the passport processing officer at service window for verification.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt with the details of your application. The service officer will also confirm your application.
- You will then be directed to a section where you can enter your biometric information and have it sent to the passport processing department.
- Your passport will then be processed according the service requested and available for collection at the time and date indicated in the acknowledgement receipt
- You will receive your passport at the PICA office where you applied.
Required Documents For Passport
- Any of the following documents (originals) must be presented:
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Registration
- Naturalization Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- Letter of certification of citizenship
- Individuals who claim Jamaican Citizenship by Descent
- The Birth Certificate of the Applicant
- Documentation proving Jamaican citizenship of a parent
- Two certified passport photographs
- Valid identification
- National Voter’s Identification
- Driver’s License
- Passports previously issued
- Passport Officers will approve any other identification (Example: Company ID).
- Do not forget to prove that your name has changed (deed pool).
- Married woman must provide a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate/Divorce Judgment(s) where the married name is being used
- Two passport-sized photos of the same size taken no more than six months before you submit your application
Find Office Locations and Contacts
PICA’S HEAD OFFICE25C Constant Spring Rd Kingston 10
Telephone: 754 PICA, 754 7422
8 Waterloo Road Kingston 10.
Telephone: 754 PICA, 754 7422
PICA’s office location map and other branches: Link
- Jamaican citizens
- Jamaican passports are valid for ten year for adults and five for children under 17 years.
Documents for Use
- Passport application form: Link
- For applications made at PICA’s headquarters in Kingston, the average turnaround time for processing passport applications is seven working days. Applications received through PICA’s regional offices in Kingston and Portmore will be processed within 14 days. For applicants who require a faster turnaround time, expedited services may be available. PICA headquarters, 25 Constant Spring Road, Kingston offers expedited services for applicants. PICA Outposts also offer expedited services for five-day or seven-day turnaround times.
- Renewals don’t require that you appear in person. In some cases, however, an authorized officer might require that the applicant appear in person. An applicant for renewal who is under 3 years old must appear in person.
- For the first passport application, applicants from abroad should contact their nearest Jamaican office
- Name of the applicant
- Occupation or profession
- Marital status
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Eye color
- Particularly visible features
- Height in cm
- Name of the mother’s maiden name
- Permanent and postal addresses of the applicant
- Email address
- For married applicants
- Date of marriage
- Place of marriage
- Name of the spouse
- To renew or replace your passport: Details of the most recent passport
- Contact persons for emergencies
You will need the document
- To travel from Jamaica to other countries and to enter Jamaica, you will need a valid passport
Other uses for the Certificate/Document
- Passports are used to identify and verify the nationality of the holder
- PICA: Links